Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Member on Forum

Chef Katelyn
Chef Katelyn Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, I'm Chef Katelyn. I just won my first egg (mini) on Saturday at OKC fest. I'll be posting my pictures of me and my egg as soon as the rest of the parts arrive. We didn't get the second box of parts on Saturday. :ermm: I'm 9 years old and I want to be a Chef! I'm already an egghead. My grandma is KS Cheryl. I had so much fun at OKC Fest, it was my second one. Thank you to everyone who was so nice to me. :cheer: Chef Katelyn

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    welcome chef katelyn.cannot wait to see your pictures..
    i love my mini and i am sure you will love yours too...
    grandma must be very proud
    bill
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Welcome , Chef Katelyn!

Eagerly waiting to see some pics of your cooks! You go, girl!
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Hi Katelyn. It was so nice meeting you in OKC. You already have a wonderful role model in your grandma. I am sure she will be teaching you a lot of new things. Hope to see you posting your cooks soon.

Judy
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    It was great seeing you again this year. Here you are giving samples of your cookie surprise. Congratulations on the Mini. and see you next year.

Desert Filly

P1030485.jpg
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Welcome to the CULT! :)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Welcome Chef Katelyn!! Glad to have you here. You will enjoy your new mini. Got a name for he or she yet? Hey, you could up the ante on the whole lemonade stand thing and bring in the big bucks of the neighborhood!! :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Hey Chef Katelyn,
    You are going to love your mini.
    Looking forward to your cooking pictures....Welcome aboard.
    I'm sure you will be able to show some of us "Old Timers" a thing or two.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Hi Chef katelyn,

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to the forum. We are delighted you have joined us and look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas and seeing your cooks.

Gator
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Welcome & Congratulations!
    You will have loads of fun with your mini!
    Happy as all get out you won what you wanted for Christmas. Tell your Grandma to get to posting some of her cooks!
    Good to have another egghead from Kansas on the forum.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    ok Katelyn, give it up.....I'm talking about the recipe for the cookie you handed out. I know you have the ingredients memorized because while I walked you around, folks would say....what's that.....and you would start rattling off the process and ingredients.....so, come on girl.....give it up......LOL

tom
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Hi Chef Katelyn,

You are certainly off on the right foot and it was great to meet you in OKC. Your descriptions of the food you were giving out were amazing...many adults don't do that good of job!

I'm the guy with the bus and the guy that gave you the blue glow bracelet in the hotel at the after party. I certainly look forward to your pictures and seeing you again next year!

BD
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Katelyn,

It is so nice to have you here. Are cookies your specialty?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I for one are looking forward to see your cooks.

Happy egging
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Well, it was great to meet you, Katelyn! You have a great future ahead of you......I loved the cartwheel you did after winning the mini!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    Welcome!
    Looking forward to seeing your pictures and thank-you for answering my questions, in advance ;)
  • Welcome Katelyn,
    Nice to have you join us. :woohoo: Congratulations on your new Egg. :woohoo: I bet you are going to have a bunch of Eggcessories on your Christmas and Birthday list now. :laugh: You are probably the youngest Egg owner I know. I look forward to seeing your cooks. Enjoy your new Egg! :)
  • :) Chef Katelyn!!
    Got your Mini, Got your handle, almost have the missing parts...Eggspecting great cooks from you!! You were the most articulate person at OKC ;) . Looking forward to hearing the descriptions of your cooks, with emphasis added (just like at OKC :woohoo: ) as well as pictures to make us all drool :blush: . "You go girl" is right. You will make a lot of grown men cry with your awesome abilities and charm!
  • I don't know if I can give out the family recipe.