Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pics of the table

AnE
AnE Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to TRY to link this (remember I'm computer illiterate) to the pics that GFW was so kind to set up for us-- ...Alan did want me to say that after I harrassed him so hard about taking a simple design and complicating it almost beyond measure..well, let's just say it took a while (handplaning and handsanding and all that jazz)but the results, though not exactly timely (2 1/2 months later), were well worth it... another pic will follow in a reply...Aren't you proud of the old codger??? Cheers! Elizabeth

Comments

• AnE, patience,,if anyone can fix it for ya Gfw can. Gordon is a super web host.
    C~W[p]

• AnE
    AnE_1.jpg
    <p />Maybe this will work...I'm a ditz...[p]

• AnE
    AnE_2.jpg
    <p />Here's a top view....

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    AnE,[p]My congratulations on a truly beautiful job. [p]Thankyou,
    Spin

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    AnE,
    My hat is off to both of you! That is a work of art! I remember something about a duck coming in for a landing??? Am I wrong, or did it just not fit? (only another duck hunter would remember something like that!)[p]My complements also to Gordon for making it possible for you to share the pic's with us. Great job Gordon![p]Dr. Chicken

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    AnE, Fantastic work! Joints are nearly invisible and plenty of work space. I need to expand mine more! Thanks for the viewing.
    C~W[p]

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    AnE,[p]Man, that thing is a work of art. GREAT job!

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    AnE,[p] U.P.S is on the way, please don't wrap it. They will bring it to me just the way it is. They also tell me i can have here by 10.am tomorrow. Now, if i could ask you to put a
    couple of nice thick steaks on the Egg as well. We should
    have this deal all locked up. Money, what money? Hee Hee
    Great job & great pictures.[p] Earl

• Brant
    Brant Posts: 82
    AnE,[p]Day-umn! That's nicer than anything have INSIDE my house. And he made it with hand tools?! Great job! Do tell: What kind of wood is that, and what finish is on it?[p]Brant

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    AnE,
    That is a great looking table,nice job.
    YB

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    AnE,
    Why don't you just move that inside and use it as a dining room table. There's got to be a way to deal with the smoke. GRR...ATE JOB, work of art.

• AnE
    Brant,Thanks!! You made Alan's day!! All he has is a small table saw and router...he did have the 3 boards that make up the top and shelf planed at the store so they would fit perfectly..He used the plans on the website, but just kept making the table longer and longer because he couldn't bear to cut the wood up!! It's mahagohy- hondurian, I think- and the wood cost right around $200 here in Memphis (I learned when I went with him to pick it out that I should NEVER walk into a specialty wood store...it's a little like him going to the jewelry store with me...."YOU WANNA SPEND HOW MUCH?????? On WOOD????")It's all doweled and glued, and the only tools he actually had to buy were two pipe clamps and this cute little sander called "the mouse"-worked really well in the corners...he's not a wood working pro--the only other real "furniture" piece he has built a dictionary stand- but he's really good at things like wood duck boxes,crown moldings, fences, dog houses (no he's not in one at the present..least since he finished the table before the relatives come visit for Easter)- Just goes to show that it's a do-able project!! Cheers! Elizabeth

• AnE
    Dr. Chicken, Well, he decided that he didn't want to mar the tabletop by routing out a spot for the duck cutting board..he wants to leave the option open for another egg....(I wondered how long he'd have to have this thing before he wanted a second..let's see Christmas to April...3 months???)

• AnE
    Oh, yeah, and don't let the finish fool you- it's a red mahogony gel stain and two coats of exterior grade high gloss urethane....The table is on the edge of the porch, and even though there's a substantial overhang, we figure when the wind starts whipping, the table will get wet....that, or we can hose it off after pulling some of Elder Ward's Awesome pork!!!! I can't wait serve some of THAT to some pals who are members of one of the teams for Memphis in May's World BBQ contest...we're brewing some beer for them to use during the contest...maybe they'll let us in on some sampling???

• AnE
    MAC, Funny you should say that...When he got through with the first coat of the finish...I thought to myself "this would make a pretty dining room table..and said "Honey.....how much deeper could you make this overhang....." He looked at me like I had asked him to run a marathon, or had grown three heads or something, then he realized I meant on another table...and he wiggled his eyebrows, winked and said "it'll cost you..."...but somehow, I don't think he means I need to write him a check...................................

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Elizabeth,
    I'm smiling ear to ear! It only took me a few days to know I needed a 'companion' Egg! It took me another 3 weeks to convince my wife and talk her into it! Yuk! Yuk![p]Hang in there Alan! You've got the right idea! [p]Again, Fantastic job on the table! I wish I could see it in person! I bet the pic's don't really do it justice![p]Dr.C

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    AnE, see how easy it is to link to pics! Glad I could help. Have a great weekend.