Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini arrived

Options
MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Boy I gotta tell ya, those guys that packed that little guy sho did know what they were doing. Great job.[p]I guess I should have ordered a thermometer. DOH!!!!!!![p]It took me 30 minutes to get the band/hinge on. Every time I cranked down the bolts, when I closed it, the right side was off 1/2". I took the band off and noticed that the spot where they riveted it together was out of whack. A few squezzes with mu kung fu grip fixed it.[p]Got the mini in my car with a seat belt on and a new set of mini rings ready to go.[p]Off to the lake tomorrow.[p]Your right YB, I do like that new hinge. Easier to open as well as more access.[p]Mick

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    MickeyT,[p]I never got a thermometer for my mini. Most (all) of my cooks on it have really just been grilling. Now that I have a small pizza stone for it, I can't wait to try some low-n-slow cooking on it. I still hope to make due without. [p]Smokey
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    MickeyT,
    You will have fun learning to cook on the mini egg.Did you order the extra grid?
    Larry

• MickeyT
    Options
    Hey Smokey!!!!!![p]Where did you find that little pizza stone. Were you also the egger that found those small plate setters as well?[p]E-mail me if you would please.[p]That suggestion about the thermometer makes good sense.[p]That's why I like this place so much.[p]Smart folks.[p]Mick
  • MickeyT
    Options
    YB,[p]No cuz I'm a knucklehead.[p]I'll call ya next week and we can talk about it.[p]Bye

• BearFan
    BearFan Posts: 28
    Options
    MickeyT,
    Might there be a spot reserved on board your pontoon for
    that new mini?
    Have fun!!............Ed