Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg table

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello to all, I am new to the forum and I am so impressed by the fellow egg community for their support for one another. I have not purchased my large egg yet but I have absolutely made up my mind to purchase one from all of the things I have read about it. It's an incredible cooking device that I am sure will make me retire my new gas Weber that I just purchased.
My question is, I want to build a table for my new unpurchased egg so I can have a nice place to rest it when I bring it home. I really liked TNW table on his website but it gave no deminsions. I would like to build one exactly like his or something comparable but I am no Norm Abram. I need exact deminsions.
Any help from anyone will be greatly appreciated.
I have taken many great recipes from this message board that I can't wait to try on my new egg. [p]Thanks to all,
Eddy

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Eddy J. ,
    I didn't give any dimensions because I based it on the BGE table plans which you can find here:

[ul][li]BGE Table Plans[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • Unknown
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I will go by those plans to start my constuction. Has the varnish on the wood top next to the egg been effected by the heat given off? Will it destroy the protective coating?[p]Thanks again. Nice site you have BTW.

• Smoke-N-Smirk!
    Options
    Eddy J.,Don’t forget the "Eggstra Bracing!" (Sorry whiz, feeling a little ornery tonight.) S-N-M!

• Unknown
    Options
    Smoke-N-Smirk!,
    Yeah you're right. I have examined TNW table very closely and will try to recreate as close a possible. I know it heavy and will need extra wood. Not sure of which type of wood I will go with. Something sturdy for outside.[p]Thanks,
    Eddy J.

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Eddy J.,
    The edge around the circle cut out for the egg is highly scorched. I should have left more room, i.e., make the hole bigger...[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Eddy J.,
    You might want to double check about the measurements, the newer eggs have a different hinge and I think someone said something about it, I can't remember for sure but I thought they had to raise their egg up. Maybe someone will chime in about it. You could also call BGE and ask about it just to be sure.[p]New Bob

• PCO3
    PCO3 Posts: 50
    Options
    Eddy J. ,
    I used the BGE plans that TNW supplied to you. I modified a little to better utilize the wood I bought with the least amount of scrap possible. Couple of observations. The bottom shelf planks from lengthwise. I switched to cutting the boards shorter and going across. I think it adds to the stability and I was able to utilize more of the wood. I used cedar and it looks as good as the day I built it two years ago. I used a mixture of 1/2 turpentine and 1/2 linseed oil to protect it. My BGE hole is not much bigger that the egg itself and I have no scorching yet. Also, I used a 12' X 12' paver to rest the BGE on and it works great.