Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Longevity of the Mini

Options
MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My Mini arrives tomorrow morning some time. Thanks Larry![p]My question is this:[p]How long will the mini cook @200-250 with a full load?[p]Really looking forward to trying it out this weekend.[p]TIA[p]Mick

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Untitled-1.jpg
    <p />MickeyT,
    If you make the 9"x1 1/2" stainless steel ring you can get more lump in the mini.I have had mine go at least 6 hours with a full load of lump.You will like the mini egg Mick.
    Larry

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    MickeyT,[p]I've watched our very own RhumAndJerk do a rack of babybacks (coiled and skewered to fit) in the mini, so I know it can go at least 5 hrs with no additionnal "props".[p]YB is the master of the Eggcessories hehehe[p]K~G
    You should have bought an RWS, the tree rats thank you!

• YB
    Options
    KennyG,
    If i'm not mistaken Gamo is way out in front.I may have to buy a new one before the end of the year.I shot it so many times last weekend when I laid the gun down it caught the grass on fire hehehe.
    Larry

• KennyG
    Options
    YB,[p]It took very little internet investigation to determine that the Gamo "Hunter" series are made in Sri Lanka (on license to Germany). The happy hindus thank you for your patronage. They have acknowledged their metallurigical problems and are working on them. hehehehehe[p]K~G

• YB
    Options
    KennyG,
    Have you got into the Yellow Tail this early.
    Larry

• KennyG
    Options
    YB,[p]Yellow Tail is no longer a bargain. I've been drinking "Blue Koala" (another Aussie with a synthetic cork) for quite some time and at only $3.99/bottle.[p]Life is good![p]Ken

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    YB,[p]Where di I get a stainless Steel ring?
  • YB
    Options
    Mini
    <p />Smokey,
    You can get one made at a sheet metal shop or a welding shop.Here is what it looks like after it's used a few times.
    Larry

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    YB,[p]A springform cake pan works as well. I think a couple of us use them. Dylan comes to mind on this, but I'm not sure.[p]Ashley
  • Zip
    Options
    I forgot to add the springform pan needs to have the bottom removed. It does seem to help with airflow! :^)[p]Ashley

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    YB,[p]Thanks ol'buddy. I'm supposed to get it tomorrow. Did I mention that?[p]Gotta go.[p]Mick

• YB
    Options
    Zip,
    I bet that would work...Where have you been hiding...We have missed seeing you around.
    Larry

• YB
    Options
    MickeyT,
    I hope you get it before the weekend...You will have fun.
    Larry

• Zip
    Options
    Thanks Larry![p]
    I've been busy guiding and trying to decide where I'm going to be calling home. I've got a few weeks off, but not at a loss of stuff to do. It seems like I'm mowing the grass down here about every three of four days...That is if it's not raining cats and dogs! The nice thing is we actually have water behind the house that a boat can navigate. It kinda of sucks to pay waterfront taxes on a dry lake. [p]Hope all is well up your way with you and the family. [p]Ashley[p]

• tn slagamater
    Options
    Zip,
    How did ya remove the the bottom of the springform pan?? Neat idea!!

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    tn slagamater , pretty easy. The spring form pan is made with a spring which when released, drops the bottom out. Normally they are used for cheesecakes where the sides are delicate and difficult to remove from a cake pan without destroying the cake.

• YB
    Options
    Zip,
    We have had our share of rain this year.Last year the lake here was down 15 feet last week it was 4 feet above pool.Thats a big change for a lake with 1200 miles of shore line.Where are you thinking about moving to.
    Larry

• Zip
    Options
    YB,[p]
    Inverness-Crystal River area or Charleston, probably both in that order. I could wind up in DC or Northern Virginia for what I know right now. [p]I knew the lakes were down up there, but I didn't know Clarks Hill was down that much. Maybe the fishing will be back to what it was 10 years ago.[p]AShley

• YB
    Options
    Zip,
    I think fishing will be great next year.I saw land at Clarks Hill last year I have never seen in my life.The jet ski was the only safe thing to ride on last year.I think I will take the mini to the lake this weekend and cook some shrimp kabobs.
    Larry