Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new Riachlen cookbook

Options
char buddy
char buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got Steve Raichlen's new cookbook - BBQ-USA last night and it's just as good as last year's How to Grill.[p]The new one is not full of 'how to' pictures. It's meant to be an encyclopedia of American BBQ classics. It's got five pages on Cornell Chicken - its history and variations - and it's a better write up than the article the Sterns did in the June issue of Gourmet. It's got Brant Warren's BGE recipe for beer butt chicken - noting that Brant's recipe took first prize at an Eggtoberfest. (BTW, it claims that the BGE has an almost cult-like following. Wait till the boys and girls on the mothership hear about this). [p]Anyway I've put this cookbook on the shelf where I keep frequently used recipes. Tried the chicken breasts under a brick tonight. I marinaded the bone-in breasts in a dizzy pig tsunami rub with oil for a couple of hours and then did them seven minutes a side over pecan wood. Incredible grill marks.

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    char buddy,[p]I saw it the other day, and can you believe, the first recipe I opened the book to was the Cornell Chicken you mentioned in a post a little while back.....too funny![p]It's now on my Christmas list![p]Cosmopolitans to you,
    Tonia
    :~)

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    QBabe,[p]today's our wedding anniversary. Think we'll a cosmo or two to celebrate.[p]CB
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    char buddy,[p]Congratulations to you and the lady with the sweet voice![p]John

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    char buddy,[p]
    I don't have the book but I did look at it at the B&N the other day. There is also a recipe for Huli Huli Chicken from our very own Carl Ward aka "Elder Ward". There was a write up with his comments as well if I remember correctly.[p]Way to go Brant and Carl![p]Ashley