Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LG BGE at Sam's club

Options
bmlove
bmlove Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Now I've seen it all. A LG BGE at Sams Club here in Austin for $698 - included the nest and the side racks. Not a bad price. I already have two, wonder if they'll get a Medium or Small? Next on my wish list. :)

Happy Easter Everyone.

Comments

• Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Great price, just the large Egg here goes for 760.
  • bmlove
    bmlove Posts: 56
    Options
    Going for over 700 in most every other store here too. Might just have to get a third one. :) But will wait to see if a Med/Small pop up there. :)
  • Ottawa_egger
    Options
    I'm surprised the Mothership would use Sam's Club or any other big box retailer as a retail channel. There are three reasons I can see:

1) Wal-Mart/Sam's Club is all about price over service. While that might be OK for commodity products, I wouldn't clump the BGE in this category. I believe customer education is the best way to sell BGEs.

2) It could potentially be a reputational disaster. Cooking on charcoal is different than on gas, and if a new owner throws his chicken on before allowing the white smoke to disappear, the BGE is going to have an unhappy customer. A good dealer should ensure a new owner doesn't make any nubee mistakes (although we can see from this forum that this isn't always the case).

3) Sam's Club will likely provide very little after sales service and accessories. Although this may be a benefit for local dealers that can step in to fill the gap, it doesn't fully educate the consumer on what's available for the BGE.

Just my two bits.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    ??? :whistle: A deal is a deal!!! :whistle:
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    I gotta say, that surprises me a bit, too.

Happy Easter!

Mike
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I just paid $685. for May del. and no sides for 2 larges from the Texas Eggfest demos. One for me and one for a friend. No diference in demo and new but you get the sides, and get it now. To late as they have cashed my credit card for both.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Wilby
    Wilby Posts: 155
    Options
    I absolutely agree with what you said. Although out here in our area, in Temecula, CA it is harder and harder to find anything egg. :S
  • Texas Eggie
    Texas Eggie Posts: 150
    Options
    I saw an egg knock of at the Home Depot in New Braunfels, TX. I think it was called a bubba barrel. It was high dollar too.