Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Royal Oak Sale

Options
eggineric
eggineric Posts: 81
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't know if all of you have a Menards hardware/lumber store but they have Royal Oak 18# bag for $4.97 until April 12. I think it is all of them. I am in Saint Joseph, MO. They are more common in Nebraska.

Comments

• civil eggineer
    civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Options
    I think that is for briquettes and not lump. The RO Lump carried by my Menards weighs 8.8 lbs only. Let me know if I am mistaken.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    so does my Menard's but it's RO briquettes -not lump.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Small world, I grew up in St. Joe. Went to St Joe Central.

What part of town are you in? I lived in the Deer Park East area long ago.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    I made the same mistake with Royal Oak at Ace Hardware.The bags and logos are the same color and graphics but that little word briquettes is on the bag.I bought ten of them and returned for credit towards Cowboy lump.Be careful.
  • eggineric
    Options
    Dammit! I didn't look at the ad good enough. I guess I had too many beers. Scratch that trip off of my to do list.

I live in the north part of town-the newer part. I looked at houses in Deer Park though. I moved down here about 5 years ago from Nebraska.
  • eggineric
    Options
    Dammit! I didn't look at the ad good enough. I guess I had too many beers. Scratch that trip off of my to do list.

I live in the north part of town-the newer part. I looked at houses in Deer Park though. I moved down here about 5 years ago from Nebraska.