Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini and Small (most under sold eggs ? )

Options
aaind
aaind Posts: 235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have not done a post in a long time ,but am always watching the forum for new cook, Root beer carrots awsome must try .

I have 3 eggs large small and mini ,would not part with any,but if i was a 1st time buyer I am always thinking which would I buy .
1 If $ was the concern and just doing the grill thing stealks bugers dogs I think I would go with mini ,that thing is just a hoot .
2 If want to do more smoking like ribs 6-7 hrs cooks , baked toes ect I would get a small
3 If I wanted the most stable cooker of all ,do 18 hr cooks pulled pork ribs
I get the large

Do you think the mini and the small are as undersold as I do ,My dealer a very nice guy and I talk about it ,and I always say dont under sell the little eggs they can do more than you think .
Your input please
100_0364.jpg

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    We love our mini! last night was two huge bakers, then they sat in a towel while I put a lb of asparagus on in foil with butter and lemon pepper, that was on for just a few minutes and they sat on top of the potatoes to keep warm and opened the little fella up and tossed on two nice rib eyes. perfect supper. other than the top gasket fell off and wrapped around one of the steaks as I was flipping it! LOL I think I like bacon wrapped better :unsure:
  • Essex County
    Options
    I have the same 3 eggs as you. I use the large most often but the mini is great for searing a couple of steaks or burgers. I've done chicken parts on it a number of times too. I guess I use the small the least, but it's the perfect size for cooking an entire dinner for 2-3 people. I've done meatloaf and corn. It also works well for bread.
    Paul
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    There really is something about the mini... it lights and is up to temp NOW, Uses hardly any lump, which is not a big deal in the other eggs either, but to light for a burger for me I would not do it. and you can fit plenty for two on it. you just have to plan what you are cooking and like the dinner I did last night in three steps. no biggie :) If I am cooking a dinner for more than 2 I would go to a bigger egg but for just us or a snack you can not beat it.
  • aaind
    Options
    # 1 mini cook
    100_0360.jpg
    #1 small cook
    100_4400.jpg
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    My dealer is the same way. He just recently started stocking the small and was amazed at how many smalls and minis were going in Ocala. In this area there was just not a market for the little guys but I think times are changing thanks to the creative owners here. I love my new/used small.
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    just two of us most nights ,, i fire up the mini at least 4 nights a week
  • aaind
    Options
    bill your slide show has sold lots of mini's
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Can you post link again to your Mini cooks?
    Thanks,
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • soulfish
    soulfish Posts: 68
    Options
    We have a large and a small. We got the small for camping or tailgate grilling. It sits in the back seat of the truck with the seatbelt through the handle and around the body. We couldn't go places in the summer without it.
  • soulfish
    soulfish Posts: 68
    Options
    nice cart. nothing like an egg and a beer and some shrimps, and some tunes, in the shade, at the beach.18211030.jpg

18210978.jpg
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    scroll up to the post by jake 42 about the mini most of my pics are there in slide show form. i can send or repost any thing you want.. also i have a slide show on all the diminsions of the mini that i put together for grampasgrub .. let me know if you want to see that .
    bill
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    thank you ... i love my mini,, my biggest problem is it gets over temp by the time i start the fire inside and 'take my first dose of medication" ;)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Soulfish, That is a great shot!! I tells a story.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • GrillDaddy
    GrillDaddy Posts: 295
    Options
    soulfish - nice photos! my blood pressure dropped just by looking at these photos