Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thirdeye\'s Smoked Turkey Legs

Options
TomM24
TomM24 Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did Thirdeyes smoke turkey legs again. Three legs were cured for 3 days and my wife came home with one store bought leg that I "refreshed" The dark one is the store bought leg. The Eggshot
IMG_0524.jpg

After four hours of smoking with hickory they were 175 so then into a preheated crockpot with chicken stock for one hour then pulled. Brought it to work for lunch with my coworkers and it was well recieved. The store bought leg was a little salty mine were very good. Heres the pulled legs. Just put some buckboard bacon on tonight

IMG_0528.jpg

Comments

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    was gonna say 'nice legs Tom'..but decided to change that to 'nice lookin cook' :blink: ..makes me wanna 'gobble gobble' :blink: :woohoo: ..you dip those in bourbon to finish? B)
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    I'll say it Eggtucky...Nice legs Tom! ;) The only part of a turkey thats really good!
  • TomM24
    Options
    Tucky:

No bourbon but a little bit of Pepsi when I reheated it at work. I also brought some Dinosaur slathering sauce for the sammies. I had mine just with some cole slaw. The cole slaw was a good combo.
  • They look great. My wife just saw those and told me that I am to try that this week.
  • TomM24
    Options
    I have done them with and without the braising step. If you have them unbraised there is more smoke flavor in the skin. I removed the skin when I braised them and to me it is better for sammies but as a main course for dinner skip the braise. Either way they are darn good.
  • DoveHunt
    DoveHunt Posts: 14
    Options
    Eggtucky wrote:
    was gonna say 'nice legs Tom'..but decided to change that to 'nice lookin cook' :blink: ..makes me wanna 'gobble gobble' :blink: :woohoo: ..you dip those in bourbon to finish? B)
    OH Baby this egg cooking is going to be good. Anything dipped in Austin's "Wild Turkey" has to taste good. :blink: