Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where do you keep your Egg stuff?

Options
LMAJ
LMAJ Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had my Large Egg for 9 months and have accumulated all sorts of accessories - plate setter, pizza stone, adjustable rig etc. Where so you guys keep all this stuff (besides in your gasser)?

Comments

• Tenn Smoker
    Tenn Smoker Posts: 123
    Options
    This works for me so far. I keep the place setter in there also but its helping me cook a spatchcock chicken. As you can see there is plenty of room to expand.

001-5.jpg
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    That's exactly what I have for everything but the lump. I have a deck box that holds about 7 or 8 of the 10# bags of RO that I keep stocked all the time. That combination works very well for me.
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Options
    It is very clear that you don't have enough stuff yet. Just wait. :laugh: :laugh:
  • BConk
    BConk Posts: 72
    Options
    in my now-obsolete Brinkmann charcoal eater

DSCF3665.jpg
  • DryFly
    DryFly Posts: 351
    Options
    Spider (CGS), 14" pizza stone (BGE), 14" drip pan (CGS), Woo2 (CGS), 18" Stainless grid (CGS), extender rack (CGS), 15" porcelain grid (BGE), grate lifter and ash tool all stay in my Large all the time. Have a plate setter, but don't use, and the original grid (18") are in a box in the basement.
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Lots of places... here and there:

dualcookers.jpg

stuff2.jpg

stuff1.jpg

stuff3.jpg

Then we have the overflow...

stuff4.jpg
  • JD McGee
    JD McGee Posts: 250
    Options
    Here, there, and everywhere! :evil: I keep my lump under the house in the crawlspace...my weedburner in the deck box...my platesetter, pizza stone, and thirdhand in the bottom of my gasser. :laugh:
    Wine Country "Q" Competition BBQ Team Pacific Northwest BBQ Association's 2011 "Team Of The Year" www.winecountryq.com
  • mojo
    mojo Posts: 220
    Options
    I only have a few eggcessories thus far, but I'm definitely on the hunt for more and plan to pick some up this weekend at the Texas Eggfest. In the meantime here's where I keep what I have. I had plenty of storage space beneath my gas grill so I constructed a 3-layer shelf unit out of PVC and light diffuser (egg crate). I selected these materials due to their strength and porosity.

This shows the unit beneath the gasser with the doors open. I saved a little space on the side for a bag of lump to keep it handy.

grillPVCshelves1.jpg

Here's a closer view. I secured the egg crate to the PVC frame using electrical ties.

grillPVCshelves2.jpg
  • mojo
    mojo Posts: 220
    Options
    whoops, double post, sorry
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Hi There,

I bought two big plastic bins at the dollar store. For now that is where I keep my stuff.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    shed1.jpg

shed2.jpg
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • LMAJ
    LMAJ Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for the replys folks - I am thinking along the lines of one of the outdoor bench style boxes.