Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE on FoodTV

Options
Shelby
Shelby Posts: 803
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Caught part of the replay of the bbq championship held in Shreveport, LA (I'm guessing last year) and one of the guys was cooking on a large egg. Since it was almost midnight, I fell asleep and don't have a clue how he placed or who he was/is. I trust others saw this at some point this past week. Anybody remember...?

Comments

• AndyR
    AndyR Posts: 130
    Options
    Shelby,
    There didn't mention him at all. When they were showing all the specialty cookers, they didn't show the BGE, only occasional glances. I was hoping for a specific mention but it didn't happen.

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Shelby,
    yea, while they never mentioned the egg, they did show him cooking his chicken on it a lot....... don't know how he finished though. . .but it was nice to see and "invited" team using a bge . ..

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Shelby, They did mention his name (Jim and his wife is Laurie - Parker) He competes against his wife (who does not cook on a BGE) and his wife finished in the money while he did not. He is from Texas and both of them place pretty high in most competitions they enter.

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]hey Max did you notice that the team that won the competition was the Music City something or others. Those were the same folks camped out next to us at New Holland last summer. Nice folks as I recall.[p]
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    char buddy,
    you bet. ...i kept yelling at the wife..."hey i know those nice people. ..they shared tips and tastes with us, and i fed them some of my beer chili. . [p]what a great couple. .. glad they one. ..