Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

14 lbs.of Baby Back Ribs

Options
YB
YB Posts: 3,861
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Babybacks2.JPG
<p />Last night I cooked 14 pounds of baby back ribs on the large egg.
Except for about 2 inches of rain it was a great evening.Happy Fathers Day to all my egg friends.
Larry

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    YB,
    How many racks is that Larry - looks like 6 racks. And you did them direct or is there a drip pan? That fire looks hot, but might just be a little flaring up of the fire as you flipped them around. They look good sir![p]Tim

• YB
    Options
    Tim M,
    It was six racks.I cooked them direct on a raised grid without a drip pan.I rotated the rack every 30 minutes.I took them off when the meat between the bones reached 190°.The Thermapen is a great tool when cooking ribs.The fire got a little hot while I was taking pictures and cooled right back down.My Brother-in-Law said they were the best ribs he had ever had.
    Larry

• Dave
    Dave Posts: 163
    Options
    YB,[p]What was your dome temp for the 6 racks? Also what was your total cook time?
    Dave

• YB
    Options
    Dave,
    I kept the dome temp at 250°.It took 3 hours and 15 minutes for 5 of the slabs and 20 minutes more for the 6th one...it was thicker than the other 5.With the Thermapen it tells you when each rack is ready.I wrapped in foil and placed in a hot chest for one hour brfore serving.
    Larry