Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggs Finally Get Dressed

Options
omba
omba Posts: 241
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Folks,

REDUNDANT:
Picked up the small at Ocala to go with the large.

SHORT STORY:
A delivery came while we were away at the fest. My neighbor received that delivery, but then she disappeared until today. She walked over this afternoon with a box shipped Priority Mail. And I knew exactly what it was! :woohoo:

NEWS:
Now both eggs are fully dressed.
Big brother
handleO.jpg
Little sister(?)
handleO2.jpg

BACKROOM:
Mike also made me a gridlifter (that I need to figure out) :ohmy: and one of those cute piggy meat-turner thingies.

COMMENT:
The craftmanship is gorgeous! I guess most of you know that already. I had put off getting any of these until I had learned the secret handshake! :cheer: Thanks to Sundown I'm good to go. There is one problem ...
My hands usually get so dirty wallowing around in my eggs. My dear old-world Aunt Mary used to cover all her furniture with plastic. Think I should give her a call? :blink:

Later,
Peter

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    those look great... just beware watch out for your dog!!

DSCN0259.jpg

if that happens let me know i know the fix :evil:

also you can get them fixed

here is the same handle

2008-06-13012.jpg

i asked him to leave some of the marks in there as a badge of honor here is what the large looked like after repair

2008-06-13010.jpg

it got bit also but i did not get a before picture :(

i also got me one of these nifty things

2008-06-13011.jpg

it works great as a lump sifter/ rig lifter (combined with the grate lifter) ;)

the grate lifter works great you will love it

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    very nicely dressed eggs
    Re: aunt mary ... remove old lump with bare hands, reload egg with bare hands, take close up of said hands holding raw chicken take and print piture and mail it to her as an invitation to dinner . :evil: :laugh:
  • Okeejohn
    Okeejohn Posts: 297
    Options
    Where can I get one?

Okeejohn
  • omba
    omba Posts: 241
    Options
    Write to Mike (LawnRanger) off his site:
    http://www.lawnrangerbbq.com/index.htm

Have fun!
    Peter