Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Father's Day gift for the Dad who has it all.....Advice?

Options
Toolman
Toolman Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The subject pretty much says it all. My dad bought a BGE about a year ago and continues to use it non-stop. Every time I talk to him, he is telling me about another fabulous meal that he has cooked on the egg. When he bought the egg, he also bought every accessory that was available, not to mention he built his own cart/table and has quite a nice set-up out there on his deck. Dad's the type of guy who totally immerses himself in whatever he does.....hence all of the accessories, etc. Anyway, I'd like to get him something Egg/Grilling/BBQ related, for Father's day, but can't seem to think of anything. Any advice from his fellow BGE'ers? I thought of buying him a brisket that he could cook for me (yummy!), but that's probably not a very thoughtful Father's Day gift. Thanks in advance...."Toolman" (son of the Master Gardener and BGE afficiando).

Comments

• dublin
    dublin Posts: 140
    Options
    Toolman,
    Get him a Mini egg.
    dublin

• Unknown
    Options
    Toolman,[p]Does he have a Thermapen?[p]Pout
    [ul][li]Thermapen[/ul]
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bet he would appreciate a nice selection of different rubs and sauces. It could be a real dizzy present!
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Toolman,
    It's on the late side, but how about a suitably monogrammed Lawn Ranger grill lifter?[p]Ken

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Toolman,[p]That's easy. Get him another Egg. What size does he have now? If he has a large, get him a small. [p]TRex
  • StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    Options
    Toolman,[p]Cheeze Whiz...definitely get him some Cheeze Whiz...and not in the can..go all out and get him a jar full... hmmm...I'm drooling just thinking about it...[p]
    StumpBaby

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Toolman,
    Every year my step-dad gets me the same Christmas present: a whole rib-eye that he has sliced and frozen. I look forward to it and think of him every time I pull a steak out the freezer. Why not get him something like that or if there's something else he's been talking of cooking but has hesitated buying.
    That or some extra lump.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    AshTools.jpg
    <p />Toolman,
    I agree with Ken. It is NEVER too late to add one of those fine tools to your collection. [p]I have found it highly useful for:
    Lifting all kinds of grates.
    Stirring old coals so ash falls through grate.
    Removing ash.
    Stirring the fire.
    Cleaning the cooking grate [p]Plus, I keep one at my desk. I like to hold it, and feel the warmth of the wood while appreciating the special hand-made karma, and amazingly sturdy quality. I can't get over the fact that I have this one-of-a-kind tool for myself. It would make an AWESOME fathers day gift....and there is NO WAY he has one yet.[p]Toolman, just email Lawn Ranger (another Toolman) at gridlifter@yahoo.com (I think that's it).
    Dad will dig it bigtime.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Mine is in the mail, he said. Yeehaaa as someone use to say.[p]Tim
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    TimsTool.jpg
    <p />Tim M,
    Oh yeah! I had forgotten about the ol' "yeeehaaa!". [p]Man, looks like you ended up with a nice one.....double butted and all. Might this be yours?? Lawn Ranger has been sending me pix of his amazing creations. He is having an absolute blast making these.....and DEFINITELY spending more time than you are paying for!! [p]Wonder how long it'll take you to rust that thick steel through?? heehee.
    Yeeehoooowa.
    Chris[p]

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ