Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help with ribs

Options
Chris
Chris Posts: 148
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have tried ribs a few times now on my BGE. I have done them at about 220 to 250 for about 3.0 to 3.5 hours. The ribs do not just come off the bone. If there is help available for nice succulent ribs that can be done on the BGE please tell me.

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Chris,
    You can try the 3-1-1.5 method. Then you can make minor adjustments as you see fit. Tim M documents a whole lot of rib making methods on his website. [p]Basically, the 3-1-1.5 is 3 hours indirect at 250 degrees. Then wrap them in foil for 1 hour to steam them. Finally finish the ribs 1.5 hours unwrapped, saucing as you like during the last hour or so. I've had pretty good luck with this method.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    08_04_0018_21_02_small.jpg
    <p />Chris, also check out my site - look ner the top right for method and top left for a nice rib rub.

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    One more time

[ul][li]3/2/1 Ribs[/ul]
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chris,
    Foolproof recipe.....REMOVE MEMBRANE FROM RIBS,IF YOU DONOT YOUR GETTING OFF ON THE WRONG FOOT.PUT YOUR FAVORITE DRY RUB ALL OVER THE RIBS WITH YOUR FINGERS TILL ITS EVENLY COATED. GET SOME OF THE NEW ALUMINUM FOIL THAT HAS NONSTICK COATING ALREADY ON IT AND COVER THE BOTTOM OF A COOKIE SHEET. PUT RIBS ON THE PAN AND COVER WITH A COUPLE OF SHEETS OF FOIL TILL YOU HAVE A PERFECT SEAL. PLACE IN 250 DEGREE OVEN ON BOTTOM SHELF AND BAKE FOR 2 HOURS. REMOVE AND PLACE ON BGE AND GRILL AT 450 DEGREES FOR 20 MINUTES WITH ADDED PIECES OF FAVORITE WOOD CHIPS.ADD SAUCE IF YOU WILL FOR THE LAST 10 MINUTES. MY SON WHO IS 15 DID THESE LAST WEEK AND THEY WERE BETTER THAN ANYTHING TONY ROMAS OR DAMONS RESTURANTS PUTS OUT.