Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gotta get another Egg !

Misippi Egger
Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Now that I've been doing lots of cooks on my LBGE, including sides, it has become obvious to me that I have a need (want?) for a second egg. I have a lot of difficulty timing the sides and the main course and keeping everything warm, but not overcooked, especially if the main course requires a cook temp drastically different from the sides.

Example: Tonight we are having friends over to enjoy their first-ever BGE meal. I bought some great fresh grouper filets at the fish monger's truck and plan to blacken them. That requires getting the grill and the cold mass of the 14" cast iron skillet to 600* +, and maintaining it there for 45 min. or so to make sure the ceramic and CI are up to temp. The skillet takes up the entire grid, so there really isn't any room for sides to cook alongside, and what else can you cook at 600* without vaporizing it? :ohmy:

My plan is to cook the fish, foil in a pan, remove the skillet (hot!) and then wilt some Romaine hearts on the grid. I think they will cook so fast that the fish will not dry out or get cold - HATE to eat cold fish!

The Princess is starting to seem (mildly) open to the need for a second EGG (small) for the sides. ;):whistle:

Anyway, it is completely rationalized above, so why would she object? :evil:

You know, Mother's Day is around the corner....... :silly:

Comments