Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SPAWN update and home from NY

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
got home from ny about an hour ago .... left the spawn in the most capable hands of the great nurses on the burn center ward there at NUMC .. . of course, i practically had to pry my wife from her daughter kicking and crying!!. .. she didn't want to let go of sydney at all (gee, go figure!!!). .. . anyway, sydney is still hurting pretty bad where they peeled that layer of skin off her thigh, but its better today than yesterday, and we are sure it will be better tomorrow than today ... .and of course, we are all eagerly awaiting tomorrow when they take the bandages off her wrists and we find out how the grafts have taken so far .. . i'm really sweating that phone call as much as anything these past two weeks!!! .. .

stay tuned, you all will hear as soon as i do. . .

and as always, thanks for all the great posts/prayers/vibes. . . i don't know where i'd be these past 11 days without you people!!!!

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    She must be an eggstrodinary young lady.All the best Max,all the best.
  • DizzyMaMa
    DizzyMaMa Posts: 25
    Options
    Max, Mom and Syd, thoughts and prayers are with you daily. Glad to hear each day getting stronger and better. Miss ya' down here in VA. Stay strong. God bless. Gail
    Gail
    Formerly from LI, now getting Dizzified in NoVA
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    MAX And Fellow Rosen's:

we are all thinking about you here in S.C. and know in our hearts that the worst is behind you!!!

so max we feel sydney will be ok it sounds like she has been through a rough time and as neche {sp} said "that which does not kill you makes you stronger" that counts as a family also.. so this whole process has made ya'll a stronger family unit and you have seen how much this egg "community" has cared for ya'll's struggles.. just goes to show you WE MISS HAVING YOU HERE MORE OFTEN!!!!!!!!!! ;)

love from S.C. :kiss:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Got her number one on my list Max.

H
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Thanks Max, hope they're keeping her drugged pretty well for the pain. We will be waiting for the next update.

My Best,
    Bordello
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    you know something terry, i've been thinking that same thought exactly . . .thinkin when this crises is good and in the rear view mirror, i need to not be such a stranger here on the forum so much any more!! .. so i'll try and be a bit of a pest a little more often like you and stike and mensa man!!!
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    yeah, bob, they are doing a pretty good job. . .there is one drug they shoot in throught the iv that when they give it to her, she swears she can feel it go straight to the nerve endings in both her wrists and the donor site on her thigh and she gets this silly smile on her face!! ... only problem is she can only have that one every 4 hours, but it only lasts about 2 1/2 to 3 hours .. . so that last 1 she gets pretty achy at this juncture. . . .but again, each day is getting better, so expect that tomorrow will be that much better than today was .. ..

thanks

max
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    thanks dennis . . . it was good talking to you yesterday (or friday, hell whatever day that was!!). .. .
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    thanks gail .. . sydney has really appreciated all the support coming from the dizzy ranch ...(me too for that matter!!) .. . .
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    Thanks for the updates, Max. Glad she is doing well, and still aiming good thoughts her (and your) way.
  • BENTE
    Options
    being a pest is fun sometimes.... especialy when you have exausted your limit on gasket issues... man i love it when people come in here and brag about how good their food is!!! as opposed to how their gasket is!!! oh well guess one of those nuances {sp} of the current forum

love to the family ;)

both of them :)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    thanks hoss. ... i think you are on of the folks i've seen respond to every one of the spawn updates. .. . can't begin to tell you how much me, the spawn, and my entire family (my parents and my sisters have been reading these daily as well), have appreciated all these responses from the egghead community ... . its really meant alot to us ... . i had a few minutes before i weant to bed tonight, so i thought i'd respond as best i could to everyone tonight. . . . i usually try to do that when i post, but its just been impossible this past 11 days. ..i know everyone understands, but its been tough nonetheless to see everyone be so generous, and me not be able to respond individually .. ..

thanks again

max
  • Hoss
    Options
    My gasket has been toast for over a year!No problem!I am never going to replace it,you don't even need a gasket!!!Still the best cookin machine ever created. B)
  • Hoss
    Options
    Don't worry,be happy!I completely understand.GOD Bless you all.
  • BENTE
    Options
    trust me i have had some gasket issues also

101_0359.jpg

i mean look at that thing!! that was my 2nd or 3rd gasket.. and i in no way mean to offend anyone with a gasket problem we have had them.. and don't take this the wrong way but you have 254 post (at this time)and i am not saying anything about you personally but it seems there are no manners when it comes to this gasket issue.. you said this is the best cooking machine.. and i agree whole hartedly but there seems to be a rash of othere who semm to take the oppertunity to bash the egg (and sometimes the design :unsure: ) and sometimes i just think to myself WHY???????

sorry i am venting!!!!

glad to hear your gasket workes as good as the one that i had in that photo ;) it never gave me a problem till i tried to replace it :ohmy:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Friday I think. Glad you guys made it back safe.
  • Hoss
    Options
    I agree completely.I can still do lo-n -slo with no temp problems,that'all that matters.Like I said ,if the top and bottom are alighned(sp) :blush: correctly you don't even need a gasket!!! :woohoo:
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Max,

She will be fine....one day at the time....Here..from México we send you our prayers and the best to Sydney. And yes...I say you should post more often..... :ohmy:
  • BENTE
    Options
    i have heard that ;)

i hope i don't have to prove it :pinch: :silly: :woohoo: :lol:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Good news,Max! Glad thing are improving, and I'm betting it's nice to be in your own bed. I'll call tomorrow to touch base!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Thanks for the update it is good to hear. Taking a thick patch of skin is going to take some time to get over the pain.

We are hoping for the best on the graph progression.

Looking forward to tomorrows update.

Kent
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I got up to check the plumbing and also check to see if there were any "Max Updates." I was very happy to see that SPAWN is still on the way to recovery. Thanks for letting us know.

Now I can go back to sleep.

Spring "Sleep Frowns Upon Those In Pain Or With Plumbing Problems" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Hoss's BBQ
    Hoss's BBQ Posts: 435
    Options
    Glad to hear everything is going so well. Tell Sydney that I am still pulling for her and praying for your family. I can not wait to hear more great news! Ken
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Hey max! Glad to see that Sydney is improving day by day. You must all be so exhausted. Something like this takes a lot out of everyone involved, mental more than anything.I can not imagine what your poor wife is going through.
    I do have to ditto about seeing you posting :) good to see your mane on the side bar and in the postings :) hope it continues when all this is over and done with.
    don't have to say keep us posted :ermm: . We are all worrying about her and you like our own. :( Julie
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Bless you all!
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    All the news thus far has been really encouraging and it is really good to know Sydney is on the mend. I is a day by day process and we (the entire family) is revealed to hear every bit of positive news.

Please pass our best to Sydney ... and the rest of the Rosen family.
  • Shilomare
    Shilomare Posts: 103
    Options
    Max...we thank you for keeping us posted on "our" Spawn.. It has been a rough ride for you and your family I am certain but it seems that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Our best to Sydney this week and her pain management challenges..

Richard and Carol
    Annapolis, MD
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Max:

Great to hear things are progressing as well as can be expected. Sydney, you and your family are never far from our thoughts and prayers. Had no doubt that the "removal" area would be more painful than the "application" area, but Sydney is tough and will get through it (hopefully with less "complaints" each day). Keep us updated!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,529
    Options
    Thanks for the update Max. We are all very anxious and looking forward to more good news every day. All the best to your family from the great white north.
    -Gary
    canuckland
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Praying for her this morning. good luck.