Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3-2-1 ribs question

Options
Chef Boy RC
Chef Boy RC Posts: 46
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How many slabs of ribs can I get on a large BGE using this method. I have rib racks but didn't know if I could stack the ribs on top of each other during the last 2 steps. Thanks.

Comments

• YetiBob
    YetiBob Posts: 65
    Options
    I do 3 slabs on my Large - Costco Packages 3 at a time.

I cut one in half and put it on the outside edges. Sometimes I have to cover the half's in foil so they will not over cook - but three works well. You can easily stack the heck out of them and cook even more, but that seems to take me more time. For me three is easy to do and get them done at the same time
    In Maryland
  • Flathead egghead
    Options
    I did 4 slabs(from Costco) last Sunday; three on the grill and one on the
    extender. Worked great -and it was done during a 4"snowfall in 5 degree weather. Ribs never tasted so good!!
  • gtalvola
    gtalvola Posts: 42
    Options
    For the Super Bowl I did 6 racks of Costco baby backs on my large (i.e. 2 of the vacuum sealed packages). I used platesetter with legs up, grid, and an inverted v rack on top of the grid. 4 rib racks were in the v rack vertically, and the other 2 rib racks were propped up on the sides also vertically, and I used some bamboo skewers to fix everything in place so that there was air flow in between all the racks. The ends of the rib racks were sticking out past the gasket a little bit but some creative bending of the ribs allowed the lid to just barely close.

I thought I might have to worry about the ribs burning because they were sticking out over the platesetter, but everything came out perfect with no burning.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    You can either take a roasting rack and turn it over and put six racks in that way or use a raised grid and put three racks on each.I am sure some one will have a way to get a few more on.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    I think the record to beat would be twenty racks of ribs at one time that was posted by The Naked Whiz on 06/19/2003.You can find this by going to the search feature.Or type in how many ribs on a large going back one year.Lots of luck to beat that one.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    ive never tried to see how many, but you can see that you can cook more with a tiered setup
    DSC_0062.jpg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it