Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chops bone in

Options
Eggspert
Eggspert Posts: 142
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have a good quick recipe for cooking bone in thick chops? I have had little success with these and need some help.

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Not exactly quick but tasty. EVOO and John Henry Pecan or DD at room temp for 1 hour.
    Indirect at 250 with apple wood.
    plchops1.jpg
    Baste the last 30 minutes with apricot/mango sauce. I use Harry and Davids.
    plchops2.jpg
    plchops3.jpg

Mike
  • Eggspert
    Eggspert Posts: 142
    Options
    By the way, i tried your ribs without the Blue Hogs and they were the best i have made. I have an order of Blue hogs on its way, hard to get quickly in Atlanta. Thanks for the recipe.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Glad you liked them. I usually bring an order of BH to Eggtoberfest for people who can't get it easily. Stay tuned later this year.

Mike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    for what its worth, i dont like grilled chops anymore, i stick to pan frying which you could do in the egg but i always do it stove top. now what to do with the chops for egging is when buying them, put them down and take a few steps down the isle and pick up some centercut lamb chops. ;) pork chops just dont have the flavor they once did, all the delicous fat is gone
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Looks pretty tasty to me Mike.

Ross
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    I second that about the pan frying Pork Cops, either on egg or stove top. Simmer with water until tender and water is gone, turn up heat add a little water to deglaze, brown up the chops on both sides.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I cook thick,1.5-2"bone-in pork chops with the TREX method.Sear both sides on high heat then pull them,bring the fire down to about 400,put them back on and roast to 150-155 internal temp.Works for me. :whistle: