Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Experts: please read!!

Big Murth
Big Murth Posts: 350
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can you pros click on the previous "Anatomy of an Overnight Brisket Cook, and check my question for any sage advice you can impart to this rookie brisketeer?? I think we'll be OK but I sure as hell don't want to eat at midnight, nor was I bargaining for beef jerky!
Gracias amigos y amigas,
Big Murth

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Big Murth,
    Looking at the responses, it seems like things were going well at the time! [p]How was it, dude???
    Happy end-of-the-weekend to you!
    Beers!
    CHris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Nature Boy,
    Chris, it came out great...utilizing your 2000 Eggfest recipe. That marinade would probably be killer as the sauce, "after" the cook in my opinion!!! Brisket is a little different from pulled pork, and frankly I could've let that chunk swim for another 24 hours before sending it into the Eggvironment that would prove to be it's final resting place. Wife and two opinionated teenage girls raved. However, I'll give you the props bro. FYI for you and other brisketeers:
    12.75lbs., started at goal of 250 dome temp, and after the first two hours had to leave for another two hours and upon return discovered things cruisng hard @300-310, upon which I cranked down the vent-temps a little too hard in anticipation of another two hour absence due to SoccerDad duties. When I came back from the soccer action, the dome was just under 200, quickly pumped it back to 250 which it rode all the way home with. Daughter called at about hour 10 to say it hit 190, and I instructed her cellularly....to shut the top and bottom vents. When I got home the Polder indicated 196 and I packed it in the cooler, foil-wrapped and towel mummified. We've attacked it pretty hard since then, utilizing copious amounts of Rudy's BBq sauce(from Texas), Jim's Own Hot Sauce (from Durham NC), and Mary's
    Gourmet Foods Original BBq sauce, from Illinois(who sold at the Fiery Foods show in Albuquerque in March---along with Cat!!)---great stuff pardner!. Sorry I haven't placed the order for some DZPG product yet, but it will happen as we free up some more cupboard space O:). Thanks for your contributions as I've save some of our Forum back 'n forths to good effect, especially on this cook. Hope you and your womenfolk are well.
    Best to you and all the Eggers at large!
    Big Murth

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Big Murth,
    Sounds like a great meal! I do enjoy that marinade....originally provided to me by Spice Cooks. And you are right, it would probably be a great start for a sauce.[p]Mary's Gourmet Foods. I wonder if that is the same Mary who makes Porkrubbers, and some wild hot sauces?? Cat was there too? Man...I miss her.[p]Anyway, sounds like you did that cook righteous. Now I guess brisket will be a regular occurance in Murthville!![p]Preciate the words, sir.
    Have a great week!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Nature Boy,
    That's the same Mary; don't know what (if any) her connection is to Porkrubbers. (Long story, of which I know almost enough to put in a fly's eye.)[p]Ken