Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wine tenderloin!

Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
winetenderloindone.jpg
<p />I had mixed results with this cook. I like my beef medium, wife and all guests like done so that was how I cooked the tenderloin. The flavor of the wine and onions was not real strong but present. The sliced portabellos where great, just not enough of them. Cowlick rub was just the right rub for us. In the end, 8 people consumed 2 slabs of babybacks and a 3 lb. Beef Tenderloin, with very few left overs.
Have a little bit of work put this will be a keeper.
I didn't post the STEAK BUTTER SAUCE but it was fantasatic on the sliced meat.[p]STEAK BUTTER SAUCE
Saute 1 small onion until tender-add Jack Daniels and BBQ sauce, about a 5-1 mixture and mix in about 1/2 to 3/4 lb. butter. After melting stir for a few minutes let set to solidify a little and serve semi warm with tenderloin.[p]My friend gave me this base recipe, if anyone has ever seen this I'd like to know about variations.[p]CWM

Comments