Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Rogues Gallery Is Updated

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I added Scottie, Ed Earl, BlueSmoke, Woodoggies, SteveO, ravnhaus, Haywyre, New Bob, djm5x9. Enjoy.
[ul][li]The BGE Forum Rogues Gallery[/ul]
The Naked Whiz

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I have been informed that perhaps the Woo Doggies photo is indeed some other individual. Mad Max?[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    By the way, if you have a better photo of you you'd like posted, send it. I just picked the last one that I came across in the forum.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    ESKER.jpg
    <p />The Naked Whiz,
    That is indeed Mad Max. Here is a picture of Woo's Doggy.
    Hee
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    NB.jpg
    <p />The Naked Whiz,
    Thanks. Here is the only picture I have without a beer in my hand.
    hehe.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Thanks! The gallery is now up to date....[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Will do!!
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    MrCoffee,
    Please post more info about roasting coffee![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • MrCoffee
    MrCoffee Posts: 33
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    I don't want to go too far into coffee here because it is totally off topic for this forum and I respect that very much. I have posted a link below to Sweetmarias where there is a wealth of information and a group dedicated to good coffee as serious and friendly about that topic as this group is to cooking on the BGE. I would like to be clear that I am only a Sweetmarias' customer and have no other affiliation to the business.
    About 6 years ago I was looking for a good quality hand coffee grinder and stumbled upon a of strange group of people going on and on about roasting green coffee beans in hot air popcorn poppers. It really wasn't that much different than bumping into a group that carries on about cooking butts all night in a 140# green ceramic egg using lump charcoal and MickeyT rings, whatever that stuff is :)
    Well, when I ordered the grinder I also ordered a couple pounds of fresh roasted coffee beans. I guess I had never had really fresh roasted coffee until then just like I had never had fresh pulled pork that had cooked low & slow for 16 - 18 hours until about 8 months ago. I opened the coffee bag and instead of smelling the typical coffee smell, there was a whole bouquet of aromas. I ground some beans, brewed up a pot of coffee and I was totally hooked. I have been home roasting ever since and the only place to get good coffee is at home. I have four different types of roasters and about 50+ pounds of green coffee beans. I never roast more than I can drink in a week and tend to bore people to death talking about fresh roasted coffee.
    Having said all that I am probably beginning to babble and it is just about time to take the babybacks out of the foil.
    If anyone is intested please check out the link and feel free to contact me off line. Until then I promise to try to stay on topic and discuss this other wonderful hobby we share.[p]TerryF

[ul][li]Sweetmarias[/ul]
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    MrCoffee,[p]Hey Terry, good to see your face![p]Thanks for your generosity and help on my quest for the perfect cup. No roaster yet, but it's on the books.
    And I agree, SweetMarias is the place to answer your questions.[p]Hope your babybacks were a success!
    John

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    MrCoffee,
    Well, if you roast your coffee in your egg, it is certainly on topic. I was looking through a beer-making supply catalog and in the back they had coffee roasting supplies. They had a roaster for use on a charcoal grill, although it was nothing more (it seems) than a metal box with some holes, and a handle. I was wondering if you had roasted any coffee on the egg.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • MrCoffee
    MrCoffee Posts: 33
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    I have not roasted coffee in the egg..... .yet. The first choice method would be some kind of rotary perforated drum and a hand or motorized rotarissory (however you spell that thing). That would be difficult in the egg.
    The next choice would be in a wok, and if I ever get one I will certainly give that a try. The temperature could probably be adequately controlled by adjusting the lower vent. Several people have reported good results roasting in a wok so I would like to give it a shot some day.
    I would like the url for the beer site with the coffee roasters. Maybe we can get something useful started with this link, and I would be willing to give it a try. I think I have enough beans on hand so I could spare a few for science.[p]TerryF

• Unknown
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Nice shirt! :-)[p]Lee
  • Unknown
    Options
    MrCoffee,
    Hmm, sounds like a new obsession, uh, habit, er...*HOBBY* for me to try![p]I did a batch of all grain brew this weekend, been egging for ages, and can't seem to get enough of doing my own cookin'![p]Thanks for the link.
    bc