Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. . .HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. ..

mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEEEE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. . .LA LA LA[p]GOT ME A NEW SMALL BGE
GOT ME A NEW SMALL BGE
GOT ME A NEW SMALL BGEEEEEEE
GOT ME A NEW SMALL BGE . . .LA LA LA[p]SET IT UP ON THE PATIO
SET IT UP ON THE PATIO
SET IT UP ON THE PATIOOOOOOOO
SET IT UP ON THE PATIO. .. LA LA LA[p]LOOKS GREAT NEXT TO THE LARGE
LOOKS GREAT NEXT TO THE LARGE
LOOKS GREAT NEXT TO THE LAAAAARRRRGEEE
LOOKS GREAT NEXT TO THE LARGE. . LA LA LA[p]GONNA DO SOME STEAKS ALA TREX
GONNA DO SOME STEAKS ALA TREX
GONNA DO SOME STEAKS ALA TREEEEEXXXXX
GONNA DO SOME STEAKS ALA TREX. .. LA LA LA[p]THANKS TO MY WIFE/SIS'S/MOM AND DAD
THANKS TO MY WIFE/SIS'S/MOM AND DAD
THANKS TO MY WIFE/SIS'S/MOM AND DAAAADDDDD
THANKS TO MY WIFE/SIS'S/MOM AND DAD. ..LA LA LA[p]I AM ONE VERY HAPPY EGGER
I AM ONE VERY HAPPY EGGER
I AM ONE VERY HAPPY EGGGGGGEEEEERRR
I AM ONE VERY HAPPY EGGER. . .LA LA LA[p]AND MANY MORE. . .. . . ..

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    But are you glad to have a new small egg? 29 or 39?[p]CWM

• Car Wash Mike,
    i'm glad and i'm 47, fat, bald, proud of both and satisfied!!.. ..now i can cook the slower stuff on my large while i sear those steaks i just butchered on the small (can't wait to try my trex in butter on that little baby. . i'll probably set myself on fire for sure. .. :-)

• mad max beyond eggdome,[p]In NASCAR speak, you got it bad, dude![p]Congrats.[p]LVM

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    EggFe021.jpg
    <p />LOL![p]Happy Birthday old man........... and many, many more. :~)[p]Have a cigar on me.[p]John
  • char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]congrats, dude.
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Ya know, the song has a good beet, but I can't dance to it![p]Smokey
  • char buddy,
    thanks dude, you are the very first one who got my started down this path. . .standing in your garage while you regaled brett and i on the merits of your egg. .. you should have seen him come sprinting across the street when he saw it come out of my car this afternoon!. . .[p]just finished setting up two large of racks of ribs for tomorrow's smoke. .. split them into 4 total sections, each with a different set up/rub. . .those will go in the large, while i do a couple of beer butt chicks in the new small . . . monday night will be the high temp sear of a chateaubriand (using my trusty cast iron pan). . .[p]tonight, the bride wanted hot dogs and baked beans. .. did the righteous beans in the large. ..hot dogs, my traditional boil in beer.. .[p]cheers[p]max

• WooDoggies,
    dog, do me a favor and send that picture to the naked wiz on behalf for his 'album'. . that's as good as any. . .[p]thanks for the b-day sentiments. ..along w/ charbuddy, it was you and nature boy that sent me down this depraved path. . . see my response post above to char buddy for my weekend plans. . .even through the gloom and doom of the gray days around here. . ..
    set the ribs up with various dizzy pig rubs (one of them i also used mustard, and on the raging river rack, i smeared some home made applesauce i bought at the local farmer's market. . we'll see how that turns out. . .[p]what are you cookin this weekend?. . [p]beers[p]max

• Smokey,
    thanks dude. . .but can you eat to it???[p]enjoy. . [p]max

• Mark McArthur,
    yes i do . . .thanks dude!!!!

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Hopefully the Naked will snarf up your photo from my post as I can't figure out how to send it to him.[p]Sounds like you totally got it going on this weekend...... as for me, I've been a delinquent and only cooked a homemade pizza this weekend. However, I've been summoned to cook on the grill tomorrow but just don't know what it will be at this particular moment in time.[p]Glad to have been an influence on your choice of cookers and depravity...... look forward to doing so more in the future...... heeee!
    Large Beers!

• WooDoggies,
    pizza stone is my next investment. . .we may go out to the outlet mall tomorrow and there is a big kitchen supply place out there that always has lots of "tools". . .if they do, i'm a buyin. .. .they also sell my favorit jarred bbq sauce "bone sucking sauce". . ..haven't had any in a while and we all miss it. . .[p]enjoy. . .

• StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Congrats Max..and happy Bday..what else can I say? I had nothing to do with you getting involved in eggin.....but that may be a good thing :)[p]StumpBaby

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I hope you had a great day yesterday. Nice present, I'll have to forward this to my wife, it will be a good hint for my birthday next week. Good luck with your new toy.[p]Chuck

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Sally and I say Happy Birthday, hope you had a wonderful day..[p]Wess

• WessB,
    thanks wess and sally . ..just put the ribs on to smoke for the next five hours on the large. . .may have some grilled sausages and peppers for lunch on the small. . . tonight - beer butt chickens .. .. tomorrow night i cut a nice 2.5# chateaubriand to trully inaugurate the small with a high temp sear followed by about a 40 minute roast.. [p]you know, it almost makes me forget i'm operating under an umbrella and growing mold on my head, its so damn damp out here. .. [p]have a good memorial day weekend. . [p]max

• Chuck,
    thanks chuck. .. .keep laying the good food on your wife, and explain that by having the second egg you can do the entire dinner without worrying about "staging" the dishes. . .

• StumpBaby,
    damn stump, that's the shortest post i've ever seen from you. .. thanks for the nice sentiments . . .i appreciate it. ...been out setting up my ribs in the rain the morning already. .. another great day if your a duck.. ..

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Happy belated birthday. It only gets better from here on.[p]Ken

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]The only problem is that I have three already. I'm going with the excuse that I can do a better job with steaks on a small (closer to the coals) than my larges and can fit enough for the family (can't do it on the mini). I think she actually may be buying it as well as she never seems to have to cook anymore. [p]Chuck

• BlueSmoke,
    thanks ken, i appreciate it. .. got my gilded splinters samples in the mail the other day.. .tried some of the splenda version on a half rack of ribs today, coated w/ deli mustard, then the rub.. ..came out really good. .. my daughter and my 'q' partner brett really liked them. ..[p]i'll give you the total review separately when i use both rubs at the same time, but one thing we noticed is that the splenda version tends to have a more 'clove' taste to it than the regular. .. not that this is either bad or good, its simply an observation. .. have you noticed the same thing?. ... [p]thanks again[p]max

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]The word "damp" does not do justice to the situation around here. Soggy is getting closer. If I had to find something positive to say, it would be "Damn! It sure is green outside."[p]Happy birthday, mang!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy,
    like i said before, its great weather if you're a duck!!. . .probably great weather for you to stay in the basement and grind out those orders for dizzy pig!!!. ..[p]keep grinding. .. [p]beers[p]max