Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meet & Greet Question

Options
omba
omba Posts: 241
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Eggfest Eggsperts,

I am almost too embarrassed to ask this on the forum, but where else?.
I plan on attending the Meet & Greet in Ocala.
I don’t know the rules!

What am I supposed to bring in the way of food.
Should I make something at home and reheat somewhere?
Do I bring a bunch of wings to cook?
Do I just go to the deli and grab some chicken?
Is “cold” food the way to go … like a 6-foot sub or salad?

I have never been to one, and I don’t want to appear any weirder than I already do.
Your advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Yea...you're plenty weird enough as it is...

Sooooo.... I''ll jump in here and help O'l Peter out..lol!!!

You'll have to ask
    Tonia...but usually there are a few eggs fired up at the M/G.

So...If you've got an idea of something that will cook relatively quickly...and lends itself to finger food...that's always a hit!

Depending on your travel...you could bring something that lends itself to being re-heated on the egg.

Heck...I've seen Egret feed the whole crowd on 6 ABT's!!
    Make it a point to ask him how he does it!!

Any type of snack is great...it doesn't have to be hot, or even cooked for that matter!!

If it's good...everyone will be loving you!!

They'le be singing...

"Grazie Peter...Grazie"!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    Peter, There is nothing wrong with being weird. (I can hear PBM and Zippy typing now) When was the last time you smoked some silicon? They came out tender. :P Chubby gave you good advice. There should be around 200 hungry Eggheads that will be thirsty and hungry. A bag of chip would be a hit! See ya there. I will be the wierd one in the hat.. :silly: :silly: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Phew glad I didn't ask that one! :silly: :lol: :side: really I have been trying to decide and have no idea either. but then I am not sure what I am cooking on Sat. I need to get my butt in gear and start making my list for real! see you SOON! julie
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Peter like Chubby says what ever you like to do. Some bring things to cook up real quick or some bring to reheat of just a coffee cake what ever your heart desires. Just as long you don't go over to Bubba Tim's and try is specialty Silicon ABT's. :laugh: :whistle: :blink:
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Julie I am sure you will come up with something fantastic, now of Bubba Tim thats a different story, just a warning be very carefull with Tim's so called food.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    LOL well with Bubba Tims food I have already decide to ask if HE cooked it or Little Chef :whistle: that way if it is really chewy I know it is supposed to be and not silicone :lol:
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Very good there Julie because you never know with Tim what he is doing these days, now for LC I am looking forward trying her cooks so I will keep a eye out and let you know who is cooking what over there. Oh yea my wife is saying I am mean, I don't think so I just don't want to get sick. :blink:
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Looks like you're all set...all these great folks have answered your question well.

The meet and greet will be from 5-8, so quick cooks, something that can be reheated in an egg, or something not cooked are all good options. You wouldn't want it to be a long cook, since we're done around 8:00, but anything else is reasonably fair game. You'll want to bring a beverage, if you want one.

See you soon!
  • omba
    omba Posts: 241
    Options
    Folks,

I do appreciate the feedback.
    Thanks to all for your input here.
    I get it now.
    BTW ...
    The thought of a silicone ABT is not all that appealing to me. What are the health benefits of adding silicone? :blink:

See you there,
    Peter
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Don't believe a word any of these people write! They are trying to make you look bad by telling you to bringing a bag of potato chips!

Bring two bags. I like Ruffles myself.

PS The daily recommended dose of silicone is 120,000,000 mg.

Benefitsinclude keeping your a** from falling off. ;)

Now I gotta go try to find the directions to the secret handshake!
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Its your first time, just relax and have fun. You don't need to cook at the M/G, most people don't. I went to 7 fests last year and didn't cook at any M/G. Just take what you want to drink and you will be fine. -RP