Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Pizza So Far -- thanks icemncomth

Options
BobS
BobS Posts: 2,485
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I fixed my best pizza ever tonight -- thanks to several hints from icemncomth and others.

I started by weighing my ingredients. Wish I had done it before, because it is actually a lot easier and I was sure that I got the target amount of water, for the hydration I was looking for.

I made two batches of dough to test. The first dough was based on bread flour with a little semolina added and the second one had some polenta in place of the semolina. Both were excellent. but the general agreement was that the one with semolina added was better.

I also changed my set-up, putting spacers between my plate setter and the pizza stone. This put the pie a little higher in the dome and got a better balance between the cooking of the toppings and the crust. I got the BGE up to 700 tonight and the crust was darn near perfect.

Here are the spacers. I bought 1 1/4" copper couplings that are about 2" long and gave me plenty of stability for the pizza stone.

28-02-09CopperSpacers.jpg

Here was the first pie. Earlier I grilled onions, red peppers, Italian sausage, and fresh pineapple. I made a three cheese mix with hand garated mozzarella, provolone, and white cheddar.

28-02-09FirstPie.jpg

Here is the second pie.

28-02-09SecondPie.jpg

Comments