Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RRP - Class Act!

Options
Lab Rat
Lab Rat Posts: 147
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got home from an egg cooking demonstration conducted by RRP.

All I can say is "WOW"! Nice job, Ron!

Ron cooked for 12 guests and did a fine job demonstrating the quality of the food prepared on a BGE and the high quality of the chef. He had helpful handouts on the recipes he prepared, links to BGE sites on the web and also a bonus bottle of the Witchy Red rub he recently prepared. Being the classy guy that he is, he also went out of his way to credit the original creators of the recipes he prepared.

I can't tell you which dish was my favorite since they were all so good. The Double Smoked Ham was fabulous. The rolled pork loin, ABTs, asparagus and smoked deviled eggs were wonderful. The salmon was fantastic and the prime rib was out of this world!

Ron sure appreciates this forum and it shows in the way he promotes and references so many of the people and products from here.

Thanks Ron, Hearth & Patio and fellow guests for an enjoyable night!

Here are some photos of the chef at work!

032.jpg

040.jpg

042.jpg

John

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Way to go Ron, keep up the good work. Your food is g looking mighty fine.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Thanks for posting!

:)
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Outstanding! Very nice work Chef RRP! :cheer:
    Great pictures, everything looks first class. All the food sounds great...smoked deviled eggs, wow that's a new one to me.
  • Rooster K
    Options
    Ron great job! The food was great! Thanks for the pointers.

It was great meeting everyone and I am looking forward to the Peoria Egg fest June 6th.
  • Marc  from IL
    Options
    Way to go RON, He is the KING of BGE in central Illinois. ;)
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    I'll second that!

Mike
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Nice, wish we had some demos locally on the egg. Care to elaborate on the smoked deviled eggs.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    I'm humbled by your compliments, John. Thanks, it was a fun night. Even the egged carrot cake vanished like the other foods!

As for Clay Q and Gunnar's question about the smoked eggs...what works best for me is to go ahead and hard boil the eggs on the stove as normal. Then slice lengthwise and remove the yokes and further cut each half yoke sphere in half so you have quarter spheres. Seems like that is just the right amount of surface to expose to the smoke. Then unless I’m already smoking something else I just fire up my small egg to about 225 and place a small, but large enough piece of aluminum foil on the grate to lay the yoke pieces – each on its curved backside. BTW I puncture the foil with a knife blade many times. 20 minutes using apple wood chips seems to do the trick and turns the yokes brown, but if there is any black burnt edges I trim them off.

Then I just finish making my deviled eggs to our liking – which is pulverizing the smoked yokes, adding some mayo, Mrs Dog’s Disappearing Mustard, some Worcestershire, some tobasco, salt, pepper, Dizzy Pig Raging River, bits of chopped black olives and mix thoroughly. Fill the egg whites, finish with one slice of black olive to make it look like a human eye. Then a dusting of paprika and you have a “hairy eyeball”!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Thanks for the reply...I never thought of smoking an egg on the egg.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • TheDirtyBurger
    Options
    Where was the class? Next time you guys do one shoot me a PM or email I would for sure make the hike from Chicago to be there!
    tim