Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Baton Rouge, LA..........

Options
GenesGrill
GenesGrill Posts: 308
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Will be visiting the Baton Rouge/St. Francisville area this coming summer....any suggestions for a great local cajun restaurant?? Thanks!

Comments

• asianegger
    Options
    Try Parrain's Seafood Restaurant
    3225 Perkins Road
    Baton Rouge, LA, 70808

http://parrains.com/
  • stan
    stan Posts: 51
    Options
    Don't miss Chef John Folse's Lafitte's Landing in Donaldsonville.

http://www.jfolse.com/lafittes/index.htm
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    Also, nearby is Breaux Bridge, home of the famous crawfish festival.

There is a cajun restaurant in Baton Rouge with great food and cajun family dancing - very festive atmosphere. D**n I can't think of the name - also have one in New Orleans. Got it - Mulates Restaurant.

Also, the home of Tabasco Sauce is nearby - on Avery Island - McIlhenny Company.

Making myself want to go back......
  • If you will be in the Baton Rouge area there is a great egg store called Goodwood Hardware and Outdoor.
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    Mike Anderson's off Jefferson Hwy

Juban's 3739 Perkins Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70808-2950

Mansur's on the Boulevard 5720 Corporate Blvd Ste A, Baton Rouge, LA Haven't ate there yet but hear it is good.

Not Your Mommas in Livonia is good it's a little West of B.R. on Hwy 190

If you pass Not your Momma's then just go to Joe's Dreyfus Store in Livonia. (Probably my favorite of the bunch)

If you decide to take a trip to Houston, stop on Winnie Tx and go to Al T's

Go a little north of St. Francisville and in Nathchez is a place called **** of the Walk. Good food
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Misippi Egger,

I've been to the Crawfish Festival and would reccommend it to anyone. Dat's some Boudain

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• El Jefe
    Options
    louisiana lagniappe is by far the best in baton rouge. also, jubans and mansurs on the boulevard. mike anderson's is a historical favorite, but has fallen off over the past feew years imo.

in st. francisville, try the oxbow restaurant. very good.
  • Austin Smoker
    Options
    That is a list of some good eats! I've had all but Not Yo' Momma's, but if it holds a candle to the others, trust Mike! Not many people even know Winnie exists off of I-10.....had a rip roaring time there years back during my rodeo promoting days. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure some beers from Abita were involved....but the facts are fuzzy. :woohoo:

Mike in Abita wrote:
    Mike Anderson's off Jefferson Hwy

Juban's 3739 Perkins Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70808-2950

Mansur's on the Boulevard 5720 Corporate Blvd Ste A, Baton Rouge, LA Haven't ate there yet but hear it is good.

Not Your Mommas in Livonia is good it's a little West of B.R. on Hwy 190

If you pass Not your Momma's then just go to Joe's Dreyfus Store in Livonia. (Probably my favorite of the bunch)

If you decide to take a trip to Houston, stop on Winnie Tx and go to Al T's

Go a little north of St. Francisville and in Nathchez is a place called **** of the Walk. Good food
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    The restaurant at the Myrtles Plantation. We did not eat there but it did look good We just did the Haunted house tour. I really enjoied the tour (I am a big history nut).
  • Bluecrab3
    Options
    Although I am not from there, supposedly the best bakery in the world is in Baton Rouge. I have had their chocolate/coconut king cake and it is amongst the top 3 cakes that has ever entered my body. And it can be shipped!!! :)

http://www.ambrosiabakery.com/