Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I need N Y eve menu ideas

Options
East Bay Al
East Bay Al Posts: 101
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello Eggers- I'm looking for some suggestions for New Year eve dinner. I did a Prime rib for Christmas eve, and turkey on Christmas Day. Our guests can't do lamb, so I'm wondering whats left that will be a nice meal for company, without repeating.
Thanks for your ideas and Happy New Year!
Al

Comments

• Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    East Bay Al,
    Stike and AlaskanC had some very nice photos of Beef Wellington on here.

• billt
    billt Posts: 225
    Options
    East Bay Al,
    pork roast is the standard around here. pork saurkraut with apple in it . triple threat if you want i did one the other day....fantastic. then there is seafood, shrimp scallops salmon tuna a little of each served in succesion with different wines/champagne. or if you have time go low key with pulled pork, beer, potato salad, cole slaw all made ahead so you can have more time with your guests.
    let us know what you decide and if you need help with recipes.
    bill

• East Bay Al,
    What about salmon? Do you want to spend a lot of time on it? Then ribs if you do. A pork butt if you want to start the night before. Personally, I'd do salmon for new year's and then the pork butt overnight on the 31st and have it for sandwiches the next day on the 1st. [p]Gwen

• East Bay Al
    Options
    Dinple's Mom,
    What kind of presentation would you choose for a company dinner? I do salmon often, for my wife and me, but simple on the grill or a ceader plank. Tasty, but usually doesnt look all that great. I'm open to ideas.
    Al

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    East Bay Al,
    If you are looking for something that looks and taste good try a stuffed pork crown roast.
    Larry[p]8515.jpg

• Drivr
    Drivr Posts: 163
    Options
    East Bay Al,
    Do a stuffed rolled pork loin. Its fairly easy to do, tastes great, and looks great on the table.

• Dimple's Mom
    Options
    East Bay Al,
    I would serve it with rice and a green vegetable, like green beans or asparagus or an artichoke. I'm very big on table settings and china, so I would get most of my presentation that way.[p]Plus, salmon tastes so good, who cares about presentation! ;)[p]Gwen

• Like the champagne idea - not much on the pork