Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What do you put Carnivore Sauce on?

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Carnivore BBQ Sauce Robust just came in. After reading post after post I ordered and got it. Now: What do you all use it on?
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Mickey I use it on anything I would normally sauce. I love the stuff. Have some 2" pork steaks going on Sunday and they will be loaded. If I had to pick a favorite I'd say country ribs but chicken legs & wings are a close 2'nd.
  • Mickey
    Options
    i take it you would cook the pork and use in the last 15 or 20 min's?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• AlwaysGolf
    Options
    Hey I am going to have to come over and give you some lessons!!!!! ;) :laugh:
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Thats the best way but sometimes I'll cook dry and add the sauce when eating.
  • Mickey
    Options
    Alvin have you had this yet?
    If you want to try it, i have 2 bottles and will bring you one Friday.
    Just trying to see what all the guys are using it on.

• AlwaysGolf
    Options
    I am slow when it comes to trying things. I haven't tried that or any of th Dizzy Pig rubs. Creature of habit I guess. Was checking out there website tonight tho.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I do like it and to me it's best in it's natural out of the bottle state so heat hasn't altered it. It's great as a dipping sauce especially on baby back ribs. BTW for the unknowing the word Robust is correct - a tad hot, but not so spicy that it covers the taste of whatever you are using it on.

BTW - no, Big'Un didn't pay me to post this! :laugh:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Cincykid
    Options
    My first order arrived today. RRP is correct, if you like a bit of heat in the back of your throat then you will be very satisfied (we do and are). Cooking ribs on Saturday and plan to use it liberally. From my sampling I think it would also be great on moinkballs, pork tenderloin, chicken, shrimp and I think it would be perfect for a good juicy hamburger.
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Hamburger!!! didn't think of that but I'll bet your right. I need to add that one to the list. Thanks Don
  • Cincykid
    Options
    Pat,

It's the new Heinz 57. :woohoo: It is very good and I cannot wait to start experimenting...
  • belle's dad
    Options
    I got my order Tuesday, I haven't had a chance to us it on something, but, I have tasted it ---Hmmm Hmmmm Good.

Did some thighs this evening using BubbaTim's wing recipe sort of. I don't follow recipes worth a d----, but used it as a guide line. Best Chicken thighs I have ever done, thanks to Bubba Tim (recipe) and Fidel for helping me find it.

Gordon
    Vero Beach, FL
  • Midnight Smoker
    Options
    I've used it on ribs, pulled pork, chicken breasts and moink balls so far with fantastic results. Can't wait to do the next brisket and use it on the burnt ends.