Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PROUD DAD OF AN EGGER!

mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
how proud i am!!!. . ..put my 13 year old daughter in charge of the egg yesterday for dinner. ..young sydney is the official meat loaf maker in the house, and we did it on the egg (thanks smokin todd for showing me your setup at eggfest). . .i had to go into the office for a while, so yesterday afternoon i set up the lump load in the egg, stuck a couple of fire starters in there (she is a little nervous about using the mapp torch w/ the sparks and all, so i made it easy for her to simply fire up the fire starters to get things going). . .told her to start the fire at 3:45, stabilize temps and then at 5:00, we'd put the meat loaf on. . .. when i got home around 4:30, she had the fire going beautifully, did a masterful job of setting the vents so we had a steady 350 on the dome temp. .. i helped her put in the plate setter w/ drip pan and grid on top of that, then left the house again with directions for her to load the meatloaf direct on the grid at 5:00. . .she had the 3# loaf perfectly rolled into a nice log, and when i got back home again around 5:30, it was cooking smoothly at 350. . .came off at 7:00 (we like meat loaf well cooked so it was right at 170 internal). . .it was the best meat loaf ever. . .she did a great job!. . ..[p]btw, her meatloaf is simple. .. burger, chopped onion, couple of eggs, italian bread crumbs, and some ketchup. . .it held together beautifully just sitting on the grid. .. had about 1/2 a chunk of hickory still in the egg from the cook the night before. ..added just enough smoke to the meat (actually had a gorgeous 1/4 inch smoke ring on every slice). . .[p]served it up w/ mashed potatoes and gravy. . .fantastic meal... [p]ah, a proud moment for any dad. ...thanks sydney!![p]

Comments