Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Drunk and Dirty Tenderloin

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How strong is the bourbon taste of the Drunk and Dirty tenderloin and has anyone tried it with wine or something else in place of bourbon,if so, how was it?[p]Neighbors want to get one and have me cook it so I have been reading past BGE recipes. I have never done a whole small beef tenderloin.[p]Thanks,
New Bob

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    beef%20tenderloin.jpg
    <p />New Bob,
    IMHO the bourbon taste is very strong. I don't know if you have any DP rub (or your favorite rub) around or not. I like to rub my whole beef tenderloin in rubs then spray with extra virgin olive oil. Sear at 700 like you would a steak on all sides. Add more lump then indirect until you have the desired internal temp.
    Hope this helps,[p]CWM

• Bordello
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Yes, I have Dizzy Pig's and BlueSmokes rubs. Actually, Chris just shipped the 3 new ones out to me today. (thank Chris) Great service from both of these gents.[p]Your advice does help as I'm still debating on which way to do it. The bourbon would not bother me I don't the neighbors would like it. (beer drinkers mostly) [p]Thanks,
    New Bob

• VOLinVA
    VOLinVA Posts: 12
    Options
    New Bob,[p]I have done a number of D&D tenderloins. They have always been a big hit. Obviously the longer you marinate the meat, the stronger the taste. You can always cut back on the bourbon portion as well. I believe the recipe states to heat the remaining marinade and add corn starch to thicken for a finishing "gravy". This would allow those who don't mind the bourbon taste to add more flavor. [p]Good Luck!
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    New Bob,
    You're welcome. Thank YOU![p]Why not use Guinness Stout instead of the bourbon?! It is the perfect flavor with beef IMO. And should work fine with your beer drinker neighbors!!!
    Stouts
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Bordello
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Great thought Chris, and stouts back at ya my friend.[p]New Bob

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    New Bob,
    Tried it with Bourbon, and wine, except I used a Port wine, that was 18% by volume or 36 proof. It was great, however I couldn't complain about the Bourbon, however wine seems to marinate better.
    Hammer