Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Deviled Egg's

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When smoking hard boild egg's in the egg, does anyone use smoking wood or just the smoke from the lump???[p]Thanks,
New Bob

Comments

• Kelly Keefe
    Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
    Options
    New Bob,
    Haven't you addressed this question before? At any rate, here's a link for you. One of these days I need to try these rascals...[p]Kelly Keefe
    Jefferson City, MO

[ul][li]Deviled Eggs ala Reg[/ul]
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    eggs1.jpg
    <p />New Bob,[p]I use apple wood when smoking mine. I don't smoke them for a real long time so I don't think the lump will give it enough smoke. I made them once for a family picnic and now I'm not invited unless I bring them.[p]Good luck with them.[p]Chuck

• Bordello
    Options
    Kelly Keefe,
    Yes but I did not print it out, I'm sorry to have to ask the same question twice. I searched and found several post about the eggs but did not find this one. The other I did not see the mention of using wood. [p]I thank you for the link and yes, I printed it this time. Guess I'm just getting old and forgetful. Sure beats the alternative. ÜÜÜ[p]Thanks for the help,
    New Bob

• Bordello
    Options
    Chuck,
    Thanks for the picture and the reply. The forum always comes through.[p]Cheers,
    New Bob

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    New Bob,
    When you "whonk" up the yolks, add a pinch of any of the Dizzy Pigs, or my rubs for that matter... You'll want to jump back and kiss yourself.[p]Ken

• Bordello
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    You bet, I just did a dozen yesterday and rolled 2 in your Easy Life, I will also put some of Nature Boy's Swamp Fire that I left in the yolk mixture.
    Thanks Ken,
    New Bob