Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest03

WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well gang...it`s been a very busy day so far..but I managed to get it done....here is a link to my pics from eggfest...if any of the info is wrong just let me know and I will correct it, not many brain cells left after this one....WHAT A PARTY..[p]Wess
[ul][li]Eggfest03[/ul]

Comments

• WessB,
    Really Fantistic Pictures!!!!
    You Guys really know how to throw a weekend party! I really enjoyed all the pictures!
    Can I join? I own a Primo and love it but if I buy a Small BGE will that qualify me.... I'll do it in a heart beat!

• WessB
    Hickory~Nut,
    Anyone can come to these events..you most certainly would be welcome, it doesn`t matter what you own as all of the eggs used are provide by Seasonal dist. except for the ones back at the hotel. Glad you enjoyed the pics...a party it was indeed..I needed help just to get back to the room Sat. night...LOL[p]Wess

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    WessB,
    Great pictures, thanks for taking the time to post them. I see that all of you really had a great time. Maybe if a west coast event ever happens we will be able to post picture's for all on the right coast to see.

Thanks,
    New Bob

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    WessB,
    Great pics. Kinda makes me homesick!

• WessB,
    Great pics Wess. Sounds like a good time was had by all.[p]Good bandwidth on the website too. I looked at every one of the pics and not one single hiccup.[p]Time to put the Jerk Chicken on,
    Dave

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    WessB,[p]Great job on the photos!!!! We really enjoyed that pizza yesterday. I'll have to give that a try. So much new stuff to try, I can't wait.[p]Chuck <><

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    WessB,[p]Those are some great pictures. What I like most about them is that in almost any picture I'm in, the person I'm talking with is either grimacing or has their eyes closed. This pretty accurately captures most folks' reactions to conversation with me! Also, I look pretty looped in that last picture...which pretty accurately depicts what I look like after drinking since 9:30am in the hotel![p]What a great time!!! I think I agree with Dr. Woo about that flank steak with prosciutto being my favorite dish. Also, those jalapeno stuffed olives were unbelievable. Woo himself did some chicken drumsticks that were perfectly cooked and convinced me to buy a jar of Swamp Venom at the after party. Wess, your wings at the after party were delicious with that sweet start that then morphed into some enticing heat. The smoked bologna was awesome, and that smoked provelone was simply a fantasticly simple idea which will be making it to the Meadowlands this year.[p]Smokin' Todd made some excellent ribs and some meatloaf which lead to a pretty funny story. We stupidly stopped at a drive through beer store on the way back to the hotel. One of my drunken brothers yelled in to the attendent asking if he wanted meatloaf. The man enthusiastically accepted and started chowing down. What was funny was a minute or so later one of my drunken brothers saying, "...ummmm...we're gonna need that back..." It turns out the guy threw in a small bottle of Jaegermeister (sp) as a freebie to compensate for the meatloaf. Too funny!!![p]The Eggfest itself was great and the post party was my favorite post fest activity yet. Also, the band was fantastic this year.[p]Many thanks to Dale, the man himself, for putting this thing on. Also, I hope we can do this again next year!!![p]I had so much fun during the day that I somehow managed to sleep through that fire alarm!!![p]I have a bunch of pics, but I currently don't know where the software is for my digi cam. I'll hopefully have this resolved shortly and some pics will be forthcoming.[p]
    Heeeeeeee,
    Cornfed

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Cornfed,[p]Please excuse my terrible grammar and spelling...my brain is still quite broken from the fest, and we're capping off the weekend with a post-post-party!!![p]I'll be feeling it in the morning,
    Cornfed

• WessB,
    thanks for the great pics!!!!!. .. i will cherish this good time, with good friends (old and new), and fantastic food for a long time. . .fyi for your picture labels, the apples (and the merangues) were prepared by brett brown (my metalhead neighbor from across the street). . .with his creativity he was born to be an egger. . .now to just get his bride to buy him one. . .[p]thanks again for getting everyone started on saturday morning with the egged eggs, and the pizzas were most excellent... [p]thanks to mrs. wess for the terrific pictures. .. [p]best[p]max

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    WessB,
    Great pictures....Kaye and myself will be back next year.
    Larry

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    WessB,[p]Great document of the weekend![p]You should get an award for your marathon cooking.
    I thought I had arrived early sat. morn and there you were ready with a freshly cooked breakfast from the egg..... and you didn't stop cooking all day long.
    Your pineapple pizza was my favorite of all your dishes.[p]Cheers to you, Wess![p]Woo

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    WessB,
    Excellent! Thanks for taking the time and effort to share with all of us unfortunate one's. We were there in spirit.

• Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    WessB,
    Thanks for the pictures and your narrative! Went through every one of them, and decided you (and the entire group) had a great weekend![p]Wish the rest of us could've joined you![p]Mike in MN

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    WessB,
    Yes it definatley was a party. Had a great time with everyone and can not wait until the next one.
    Non-stop sampling great food and hangin' with great people with a good band in the backround..can't ask for anything more. Kept up the ol' and made new budz. Thank you so much Seasonal Distributors and all the folks who attended who made this such a wonderful event.
    Still have the fever and love you all.
    ST

• Lumpy Bob
    Lumpy Bob Posts: 7
    WessB,
    Great pictures, would be great to get an eggfest organized for the West Coast. My realquestion to you is what software or website was used to post the pictures and the captions. I really thought that was well done.
    LumpyBob

• WessB
    LumpyBob,
    Thanks... I have it on a computer at work (which explains the speed ) and the software is a free version of "omnihttpd" seems to work well..as far as the captions, it`s just a simple webpage using a table to hold the image and caption, still an amazing amount of work to get all those pics out of the camera re-sized and renamed, then put on the page,all has to be uploaded to the server..then Sally and I had to remember names, and cooks to add the captions...well worth the time and trouble.[p]Wess

• Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    WessB,
    Great pictures! Looks like you all had a great weekend. Thanks for posting them.

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    WessB,[p] You did a great job bringing eggfest home to us all. I know how long it takes to go through the steps to get them for all of us to see & we have really enjoyed them . Thanks Wess & Sally[p]Earl & Barb
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Very nice, Wess. A great collection of images. All angles were captured. This collection really paints a great picture of what went on. Yours and Sally's time putting this together is much appreciated![p]Was good hangin' out with yall once again.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Hickory~Nut, come and join us in October in Atlanta. Shpould be on the 18th I believe,

• tn slagamater
    tn slagamater Posts: 623
    WessB, Great pictures.I hate missing this fun. I am still trying to figure out "cornfed". Is this a set of several people with the same name, a family, or some brothers? Can't wait til Octoberfest!!