Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cameron Hughes at 2009 Eggs by the Bay

SMITTYtheSMOKER
SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We just confirmed that Cameron Hughes Wine will partner with Eggs by the Bay in the 2009 Eggfest.

They will set up a booth and do tastings and a pairings Demo.

For the Wine lovers who are not aware of Cameron Hughes...do yourself a favor and check it out. Great values.

http://www.chwine.com/ourstory/

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Congratulations!!

That, and "Rocks BBQ Tap Dancing Class" will lend a real sense of style to the Shindig!!

Evie!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Now........ya' got me interested!! :laugh:
  • egret
    Just ordered a case of the cab.!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    did you try the lot locator on their website to see what your local sams or costo currently carries. that is a cool feature. T
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    oh cool chubby - you're teaching tap dancing??

sign me up!!
    :laugh:
  • egret
    Yeah, Tom, I did. The nearest one was in Alabama and they weren't up and running yet as far as stocking this brand......
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    The thoughts that just ran through my mind... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    Wow, that's cool! Is Cameron an Egger, by any chance?

A friend introduced us to his wine "business paradigm" last year. We've found some extremely nice buys in his offerings, although it can be frustrating that just when you find a real gem, you realize that's the only lot of its kind.
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • Hey -- this is Ben, director of technology at Cameron Hughes Wine. I bought my Egg from Smitty back in ... September? August? October? Haven't cooked inside since. :-)

I haven't cooked for Cameron on it yet (I need to get a budget approved to buy a small that I can keep at the office!) -- but he's definitely a BBQ fan. With luck we'll get him out to the event. At the very least we'll have several of our new releases for everyone to taste.

Thanks Smitty for the invitation -- we're excited to be a part of the Eggfest!

Also thanks to Chubby, who I believe put all the pieces together when I was ordering some GrateMates for my parents!
  • Hello Michelle,

One the Guys in the main office out here is a good customer of ours (he owns an Egg).

I really think having them at the fest will be great. We have quite a few outlets for their product around here.

How about a trip to the west coast?

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Good to see you here Ben.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    Smitty,

We'd love to, but we're scheduled to workamp in Maine this summer.

Ben, just bring some leftover babybacks into the office - you'll get authorization for a corporate-owned large in no time. My next door neighbors bought an Egg after tasting the ones I fixed on my 3rd cook, and they'd never heard of an Egg before.
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Smitty, Kim and I would really like to come to your fest this year but for some reason the airfare is higher to get there than it is to Waldorf or Atlanta. We just can't justify $900 in airfare to a fest that is not that far away. I'll keep looking and if something pops up we will be there, but if not, I hope you have another great one! -RP
  • For those interested, we're just starting to get into producing some videos. The YouTube link below is a brief intro of our "tasting room" (ie: the office kitchen) and Cam talking a bit about our process in selecting the wines we feature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lb324qc4Rs

Happy to take any questions off-forum if you're interested in learning more, send me a private message (or whatever it's called).

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the 'fest!
  • Chubby
    Hey Ben!!

Sure sounds like it'll be fun for all.

Hoping all went well for you over the Holidays!

Thanks for the vids...let me know If I can be of assistance with your GrateMates...and I'll see you later in the year!!

Evans

BTW...good to see you posting!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Yup -- holidays went great, my parents are really into their egg (they were shocked!) and the small is a good size for them. We cooked for 8 on it with no problem, and the gratemates give it such versatility. They're still getting up to speed, but come spring they'll really get rolling.

I'm thrilled that they're using the egg, in the snow and all.

Are you coming out to CA for the Eggfest?
  • Het RP

25th from tucson to oakland and back on 28th for $275 pp rt on southwest.........
  • Chubby
    Sounds good, Im sure you're pleased!

Parents are so hard to train...lol!!!

Yep, my Wife and I are fixtures at this
    Shindig every year.

We usually try to spend a few days tromping some vinyards..a couple in the city, and a couple with Darry and Ana ...plus the EggFest!!

Always an action packed week or so!!

Evans
  • Chubby
    No way Randy!!!

By using neighboring airports...ie, SFO or OAK or maybe SJC...you should be able to do much better than that!

Evans
  • Randy,

It would be nice to see you guys make it out this year.

I'll help you guys get cheaper flights.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA