Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg registration

thirdcookie
thirdcookie Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay, no laughing and no name calling.....
I got my egg a few months ago and did not register it right away. Last night my husband was reading the booklet (he is finally taking an interest) that came with it and discovered that we were supposed to register it within 30 days. Should I call the mother ship and plead my case or should I chalk it up to lesson learned?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,736
    i would just mail it in, ive never seen anyone not get covered
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • It likely will make no difference. If you have receipts showing you are the original purchaser, they will honor the warranty. If you got a registration card, fill it out, mail it in and put the accurate purchase date on it. You will find BGE to be one of the nicest companies with whom you will ever deal.
  • Eggscaper
    Eggscaper Posts: 213
    Go ahead and mail it ,but i bet you will never have to use it because it is such a great product and a great company.

Doug
    Dallas,Ga
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    I agree with all the other comments but I'd like to make note of one fact: I believe it is Federal regulation that no consumer is obligated to "register" a product to obtain coverage by a warranty. If BGE, or any other firm, offers a standard warranty, they cannot refuse to honor that warranty just because the consumer has not registered it, although they may require proof of purchase (depending on the terms of the warranty.) Companies can, however, offer special coverage in exchange for registration (e.g., "we cover it for one year as our standard warranty but will extend it to two years if you register the product.")

The primary rationale for the Federal rule seems to be that most warranty cards are requested purely to provide marketing information. Of course that information is also useful in case of recall but the reality is that most recalls don't depend on the age, sex, salary range, hobbies, or whatever, of the buyer - they depend only on whether a person has the product or does not have it.
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    I agree with other comments -- But... unless your dealer knows you, be sure to file away your recipt of purchase, etc...

This way, when you need your dealer [or any other dealer] to honor your warranty, you have your proof of purchase in hand.

BTW -- If you use your Egg, you WILL need your warranty. Your firebox will crumble, your fire ring will break apart... and you continue to have the company's warranty behind you if you have a "dealer" sale.

In a little over two years, I have replaced both my fireboxe and fire ring... and now the firebox on my second Egg is disintegrating.

Lurkers -- Fear not! This is expected wear-and-tear on the Egg, and BGE covers these problems [as well as others].

I seemed to have a "dealer-distributor problem" with getting a new fire box. I phoned Mother Ship and John shipped out a replacement quick as a wink! Outstanding service, which has converted me to life-long brand loyalty.

BGE does not warrant on-line purchases.

~ Best to All!

~ Broc
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    I done the same thing. Wife got mine as a gift and held it for three weeks. I found the warranty card and mailed it anyway. I can assure you if you have the receipt where you purchased from a dealer, you will have no problems. Top notch company. Happy egging
  • seems kind of weird that they don't have an online registration form on their website.

It will take me two days to get to it - two days to staple it - five days to pick it up off my desk - three days to drive around with it in my car - and one day for my wife to see it and mail it. Clearly, mine will be late!
  • thanks Y'all I will mail it with a copy of the receipt.