Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A tip on oil

Options
RCflier
RCflier Posts: 57
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
if anybody here cooks like me, a drizzle of olive oil here, a drizzle there take a look. especially on veggies, garlic bread or the like, this little sprayer has come in handy for me to cut back on the oil I use.

The Misto
Spray_on_sandwich.jpg

On the "Weight loss" note, got a turkey meatloaf in the egg now, with some asparagus going with it... just gotta watch the portion control on the meatloaf ;)

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I'll second that. Had one for a while and they are great.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    RCflier,

Sometimes we get carried away with what we hear. Olive oil is one of the best things we can have in our diets. Agreed it is a little high in calories but if you look at the facts, the benefits of it far outweigh the negatives. No other oil is as good for us. Olive oil reduces LDL cholesterol and raises HDL (I think that is the right way around)
    On the medditeranean diet pyramid, olive oil sits below cheeses and yoghurt and just above vegetables and legumes. Well below fish. Just saying, we have to be careful about what we limit or eliminate froam our diet.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• RCflier
    RCflier Posts: 57
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I love cooking with olive oil, and prefer using a lot of it. I agree it definitely has health benefits, and should not be eliminated from our diets.

However, when trying to lose weight few extra teaspoons of oil can throw in hundreds of extra calories and fat that can still impair weight loss.
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Options
    Agree. 200 more calories a day for 6 months will add 10lbs to you. So it does not take much especially in the cold weather part of the world where we don't get out as much.
  • Midnight Smoker
    Options
    I'll third it. We picked one up a few years ago and use it all the time.
  • BKC
    BKC Posts: 26
    Options
    We had one of those in the past...it finally gave out. I pretty much forgot about it...looks like I should get another. Great Idea!
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me about the Misto. Mine got lost (probably tossed) in our last move. I used to use it for everything and hey, you burn a calorie or two pumping it up compared to just pressing the sprayer on a can of commercial olive oil spray.
    Egging in Crossville, TN