Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hot stuff

Options
hounddog
hounddog Posts: 126
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I like hot foods, and I especially like marinades that have a sweet tang and a hot kick. If you share that like, then I have this to offer.[p]First, habaneros are too dangerously hot for me. I have ruined more than a couple dishes. They are too hot for my guests, though I like them sometimes. Please if you love habaneros don't get offended or yell at me. I got nothing against you.[p]Conversely, jalapenos are great, but they don't have enough umph. So, a year or so ago, somebody sent me a chili lovers kit from Penzeys. In there was a jar of chili piquins. Little tiny seedlike pink peppers. They crumble easily and should be stored in the fridge. 10 or so of these added to any marinade will punch it up and call it to attention. It has really added a tool to my chest that can be used to serve people that don't want (or intend) to eat spicy stuff. By the time they realize it is seriously hot, they are halfway through the meal and enjoying themselves. [p]If you have no experience with these, try them.

Comments

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    hounddog,
    Thanks for sharing that, I have never tried them but I certainly will now. You've never led us astray yet! :) Will get some soon and will add it to Wild Willies rub (among others :))
    thanks again,
    ChefRD