Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Need some help if possible.

Angie2B
Angie2B Posts: 543
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First off hello to everyone....haven't been around much since last spring. I know this is a BBQ site and I'm asking a bank question, but I figured as active as this site is I would get a quick answer.

My 20yo son who has been home from college the last couple of weeks just checked his checking account balance at a bank machine and it came up like this (264). In parenthesis. Does this mean he's overdrawn? And if he is, will they have already put a black mark on his credit rating?

Signed from Mom,( who's never bounced a check and has been telling him for 2 yrs to keep a register and is currently really ticked off.) :angry:

Anyhoo, any info would really be appreciated. TIA

Comments

• Ashman
    Ashman Posts: 375
    To a loving Mother,
    Could he log on to his account and determine his status? And when he is on the computer, smack him in the back of the head!!! :blink: That might get his attention. Good luck.

Gordon
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Most likely yes, he is overdrawn.

Unless he has written some bad checks on it then he will be fine. They won't do anything to his credit rating. Get it back to a positive status in the morning to prevent him from being put into the Chexsystems database.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Side note - it is possible that he has deposits on file that are sufficient to cover the balance, but those deposits have not cleared the issuing bank yet. Just an additional thought.
  • Angie2B
    He says he has never been able to use the online stuff. I don't know why he's not able to go online and I have always done mine the old fashion way. Thank you though, I think we will sit down and try to do this. EEERRRGGG like that's how I wanted to spend my Friday night. Sorry for the ERRRRRGGG, if anyone reads this that I don't know, I am sorry for the negative tone. I am usually a very funny upbeat person...just ask me anytime. :)
  • Angie2B
    He hasn't written any paper checks but has been using his debit card. I found out he has been checking his balance and then using it (the debit card). He thought that debit cards cleared immediately and as long as he didn't have any outstanding paper checks it would be alright. I guess though when they asked him if it was credit or debit he said credit to avoid the fees associated with the transaction because the guy at the bank that helped him set up his college account told him to do it this way.

And no checks comming in he is just a college student right now.

Thank you.
  • I'll pass along a little tip I learned years ago. All children come with a reset button on the back of their heads. Whenever they don't act quite right you need to press the reset button. Of course sometimes the bottom sticks so a little harder "push" :blink: is required but given enough force and determined repetition, the button always works! ;)
  • Angie2B
    I think I hear his father reseting that button right now! :woohoo: HEHEHE
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    LOL aren't they just grand??? And I thought i needed Valium when they were 5 and 15. this is why they don't give it to us, they know the 20's are coming and they just get stupider if possible. hang in there there will be moments that you say "gee, he does have a clue!" it is coming I promise :) Julie