Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great Idea.

emilluca
emilluca Posts: 673
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
I am a LRnY surgery patient My stomach was made the size of an egg and 100cm of my small intestine was bypassed. On 4-13-2007 I weighed 360 lbs and a 56 inch waist at 5' 9 ".
I today weigh 192 with a 34 inch waist. I got as low as 182 and started putting weight back on so I watch my intake very carefully.
The surgery DOES NOT Guarantee you will keep weight off if you loose it. It is just a tool to help.
I eat no beef as of yet because number 1 I don't crave it anymore. I really enjoy turkey, chicken and lean pork. I bought the egg as a flavor tool. Since I eat less I want it to have the best taste I can get without using sugars or other flavoring agents. The smoke and flavor from lump is enough. I will say once you remove the taste for a item you wonder why you ever tried it. I tried a Diet Coke for the first time in 9 months and was appalled on how bad it tasted.
I now work on just walking a minimum of 10000 steps a day. Don't need to power lift or run 5 min mile's just walk.
E

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    WOW! Congrats to you. A lot of people think that the surgery is doing all the work and you do not have to do anything. it is a jump start to force you into a life style change. keep up the great job. you must be very proud of yourself! Rightly so!! :)
  • Slick
    Slick Posts: 382
    Great job! I know several who have gone through the same procedure with similar success. You are right about walking. The hardest part of exercise is dragging my butt off the couch.

Slick
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    The success rate is about 50% long term from the stats I see on Obesity surgery. So the surgery is not an easy way out just a route that allows you to make changes that help long term.
    I hope to keep the workout bug as far as just walking every day. Hope to get a weekly 100 mile bike ride in also once spring is here. I love riding and did a little before the cold hit. I do ride if the temp is above 45 but only about 20 miles. I'll wait for 70 degree plus days to get a century ride in.

It is amazing that I can even think about doing 100 mile ride. 19 months ago I could not walk 1 block without resting.
    E