Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What a contrast

Options
Firetruck
Firetruck Posts: 2,679
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
I just went back to the regular forum after reading all this health kick stuff and the only word I could come up with was "Oxymoron"

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    No way man! I think the Egg is an outstanding tool for preparing all kinds of healthy foods. When I was working out regularly, the Egg was my best friend... and a much better bargain than a lot of pre-packaged foods.

It can grill, which is great for low fat... especially poultry and fish... burgers too!

It can slow smoke over a drip pan, which is also great for cutting back on fat.

It does AWESOME stir fry, providing the kind of high BTU wok cooking that just can't be accomplished indoors or on a "gasser". Put that wok right down near those hot coals and man, you're there!

If you look at most of the Egg-centric recipes, most are all lean protein.... ok, moinkballs and ABT's might be an Egg-ception, but then these are special treats!

Let's face it (IMHO)... Americas weight problem is due to way too much fast food, soda, and way too much time on the couch.

So enjoy an Egged meal and a good glass of wine!

"You can have my Egg when you pry it from my cold dead hands..."
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    I'm very interested in this forum. I'm 6', 280# and pre-diabetic - defintely need a life style change. I've had my BGE since Xmas Eve and would like to see a separate section in the cookbook for "healthly lifestyle".
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Very well said. I agree 100%.
  • Firetruck
    Options
    In case I misled, I was'nt contrasting the egg vs healthy cooking, I was contrasting the two forums. Over there I gain weight just reading posts. :laugh: I expect over here I will be seeing much healthier choices. ;)
    Nice retort though.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    exactly. there is no food that makes you fat. it's eating too much of it that does it.

i have the body of a five-hundred pound stike trapped in me trying to come out. i have a hard time stopping, but i have to or i'll pack it on.

i try to tell my kids that the most important muscle to exercise in order to maintain health is the 'no' muscle. walk by the bowl of christmas candy and as you reach for the toblerone bar, pick it up, look at it, and practice saying "do i REALLY need this?", and then put it down. get used to doing it, and you will start taking pride in the fact that you can do it. you need to practice saying "no". for me, hiding or removing temptation only delays the feeding frenzy and makes me crave it more. i need that food right out there tempting me, and as it gets dustier, i feel like my 'no' muscle is getting stronger

it's when you hide the candy and deny it, that you find yourself grabbing the thing at 11pm and gobbling it all at once. ....which i did the other night ( :blush: ) but after a while, 9 times out of 10 you'll find yourself able to say "nah, i don't need this".
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Firetruck
    Options
    Never heard of a "no muscle". That's a unique way of thinking about it. Thanks stike.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Good way to put it, Stike. Or, as I've told my wife, I have all kinds of will power, I just don't have any won't power.