Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great Brisket

Options
Butch M
Butch M Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This morning I tasted my first beef brisket, and it was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A GREAT BIG THANK YOU for helping me. My wife was floored by how tender and tasty it is. For sure, this was the first on many to come.
As always, this forum makes the “hobby” of Barbecuing so delicious.[p]

Comments

• Vegas Slim
    Vegas Slim Posts: 166
    Options
    Butch M,
    please tell me how you did it? i have never cooked one but i think i will now!

• Butch M
    Butch M Posts: 52
    Options
    Vegas Slim,I smother the brisket in yellow mustard, and coated it with Regas Seasoning. (Regas is a famous restaurant in Knoxville, Tennessee that has been around for many years) Started the egg and got her to 250°. I threw on a handful of Mondavi Wine Barrel chips, and put the brisket on around 7am. Using Mickey T temperature ring # 1, it kept the temp around 270 for the entire cook. At midnight, I took it off, and since it was too late to eat, I poured about ½ cup of beef broth on the brisket and wrapped it in foil, then let it cool for about an hour and half. Put it in the refrigerator and this morning we eat it for brunch. It was really tasty.
    Try it; you will really enjoy the flavor.[p]