Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need good recipe for Meatloaf

Options
Mark
Mark Posts: 295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for a good, simple, down home recipe for meatloaf. Something that can be thrown together with simple ingredents and can feed a family of four.
Thank's
Mark[p]

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Mark, check the archives for threads on Meat Loafs.. there were a number of excellent ones a while back..spinach meat loaf sticks in my mind also. The ones that tried em on the BGE said they were great..Easy to do.
    Others will jump in here...I think MaryB, Cat, and ? posted on it.
    Cheers...C~W[p]

• Elder Ward
    Options
    Mark,[p]I think Spin has the best recipe for that.[p]Elder Ward

• Mike Oelrich
    Options
    Mark,[p] Just got done feedin' a bunch of my friends the first round of my roast experiment so I'm a bit beat (and a bit pickled). However, make sure you've got enough fat in the ground meat you use. One of the things you want to avoid is having the loaf dry out. Also, as one of my friends always says, you can't go wrong by wrapping something in bacon. Normally, I use a "meatloaf mix" from the supermarket. Barring the availability of such mix, use 1/2 ground beef, 1/4 ground pork, and 1/4 ground veal. You can substitute pork for the veal, though you'll lose some of the nice texture veal gives to the meatloaf. Then add some crushed saltines, some sauteed onions, some sour cream or plain yogurt, a bit of Dijon mustard, whatever spices you like, and maybe some canned chopped green chile. Wrap in bacon and coat with a barbecue glaze. Cook at 300-350 until the internal temp is 160F.[p]-MikeO

• Elder Ward
    Options
    MikeO,[p]Got to try that could you tighen up the measurements just a hair. [p]TIA[p]Elder Ward

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    MikeO, are you putting the meatloaf in a pan or straight on the grill. Thanks.