Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GG's pot roast

Firestarter21
Firestarter21 Posts: 309
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So, got a 2+ lb sirloin tip roast at the butchers market and the other goodies at the grocery store to put together GG's famous pot roast. Seared the meat on the grate, no pic.

Seared the veggies...
DSCF3324.jpg

DSCF3322.jpg
Got the grate steady at 300* and added my juices and meat.
DSCF3325.jpg
Let it do its thing for a couple hours.
DSCF3326.jpg

And a little OT, I never did post this, but I got a wonderful Christmas gift from my GF's mom. Some Rada knives, hope Little Chef sees these.
DSCF3327.jpg

For those of you that didn't see discussion regarding these knives a few weeks ago, these are great knives IMHO, but they are VERY fairly priced. I think the knives in that picture might total 40 or so dollars, unfortunately I gave the recommendation on the 23rd so I know she paid dearly for shipping and I felt horrible. I really didn't care if I got them on Xmas, but she insisted.

Comments

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    I also made a pot roast today using GG's recipe which I modified in a few ways. It came out great - no pictures, though.

I second your opinion on the Rada knives. We have a few stores locally that sell them (Lancaster, PA) and have several different sizes. They are incredibly sharp and seem to stay that way forever.

Barry
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    I did the same cook today. I made a 4.5 lb chuck roast. It hit 200 deg. internal in 3 hours. About 3 weeks ago I made a 3 lb. chuck roast and it took 4 hours to get to 200 deg. internal. Egg was 300 deg. both cooks. Go figure?!!

Brian in PA
  • I did a direct cook with my guru hooked up to the grid to give me an accurate grate temp. I have having doubts in my guru these days. It did alright for a while. Later it was telling me that the temp was at 350 when the dome temp was reading 250. There was fire 6" below the grate, so I guess it is possible the grate reading was accurate. I ended up getting the meat to 200 in about 3 hrs, and let it cook for another hour. The meal was awesome, one of the best pot roasts I have ever had. It will definitely be added to our routine cooks, a few more veggies in the future tho. B)