Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peach and Maple wood...

Options
Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was looking over the different types of fruit woods available from Peoples Woods. I already have cherry wood. What flavor(s) do peach and maple give to meats what cherry wood doesnt give? What is best for what meat? Thanx in advance.
ST

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Smokin' Todd, for you and those that might be interested go to the "HOME" page and see "Woods for Smoking". There is a list of woods and their applications. It might be of some help and other opinions are invited of course. This is just one of the many assists the forum has built over the years.
    Hope this helps.
    C~W[p]

• Nu-Guy
    Nu-Guy Posts: 136
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    I think C~W was just trying to give you a reference point to start with. What I did was just get a small bag of each type of wood and do some experimenting. You might even order that sampler package that Peoples Wood offers. They ship that package out free of shipping charges. Trying wacky and different things is what egg'n is all about. Have fun :)