Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon-wrapped Corn on the Cob

Options
Pig Sooie
Pig Sooie Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I read somewhere today about something called bacon-wrapped corn on the cob. Sounded great. [p]Anybody tried anything like this on the Egg? Prep, times, temps?[p]Thanks.

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Pig Sooie,
    This may be what your looking for.
    Larry

[ul][li]Bacon Wrapped Corn on the Cob[/ul]
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    YB,
    Ok, really stoooopid question here. How do serve/eat this thing? Seems like the bacon is not going to be crispy and if you start eating the corn, the bacon will start to fall off? So, do you discard the bacon before serving? Or is this like peanuts, you can choose to eat the shells or not?[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Hey.... You the Whiz and I was hoping you could enlighten US :~)[p][p]
  • nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    I don't think it's a "stoooopid" question. I was wondering the same thing too. How does the bacon get crispy since it is wrapped in the husk? And....wouldn't the corn be really greasy too?[p]~nikki[p]

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    I have no idea,I have never cooked it.I found three recipes and all of them said to cook the same way.
    Larry

• Grillhauberichtlinien
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    I cooked corn this way once. It wasn't greasy but it was a lot of work to prep the corn and wrap it back up. I couldn't figure out how to eat the corn/bacon combo so I removed the bacon. The corn didn't pick up that much bacon flavor. I didn't need butter or salt due to the bacon grease. It was interesting to try, but I like other ways of grilling corn better.

• DrEgg
    DrEgg Posts: 38
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Tried this a couple of weeks ago. Tasted good, but didn't notice any additional flavor from the bacon. Maybe would have been better if I tied the husk with string.[p]Our usual method is to remove the silk and remove all but the closest thinnest layer of husk. Seems to keep corn moist while capturing a good bit of the smoke flavor. Got this idea from Cook's Illustrated grilling book. A very good article on the subject of grilled corn.[p]My two cents[p]DrEgg
    [/b]