Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RRP and I said...

Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
g138826a.html
<p />The following pictures appeared as part of the article. I'm not the one in the strange looking hat. BTW - I admit to copying these photos - nothing is sacred when you have a scanner.[p]RRP... The guy in the funny hat!
pjs1.jpg[p]GFW... The nice guy!
pjs2.jpg[p]My BGE... It makes me a good cook!
pjs3.jpg

[ul][li]My part of the cook![/ul]

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Gfw,[p]When did you move to Dunlap? Seems like the last time I checked you were in Peoria or the Chicago area. Isn't Dunlap down near Carbondale - home of that splendid SIU-C? [p]Tim
  • Gfw
    Tim M, Your history isn't bad... Peoria is right - Dunlap is just on the north end of Peoria. We're 150 miles south/west of Chicago and about 175 miles north/east of St. Louis. My daughter (now lives in Memphis) went to school on Carbondale - that may be what you are thinking about from a prior post. [p]
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Gfw, now, since you've posted that campy picture I get to tell the rest of the story. The photog wanted that pose with me as close to the fire as I could get. By that time the dome was 770 and I raised the lid for the shot and another and another and I was backing away afraid my coat would catch on fire as my hands were already hotter than comfortable - so that stupid pose and grin was actually more of a grimace! Oh well, it was fun anyway!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Gfw
    RRP, I suoppose I should have asked before I posted the picture, but... [p]Amazing how many people read the JS today.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    naw, the Copely Press has bigger fish to fry than your lifting some pictures of a couple rascals like us! I just wish the site would have had the other half of the article which featured more. BTW why don't you scan that part as well as the inside too?

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    RRP,[p]I just received my pics from the Wall Street Journal article a few weeks ago. 331 pictures. [p]I here ya Ron. Kind of a **** bein a model don't ya think?[p]They never asked me hug my grill thank God. :>)[p]Kudos to you guys.[p]Fun stuff none the less.[p]How does Cindy Crawford feel????????[p]With her hands ya knuckle head.[p]Happy Wednesday.[p]Mick

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Gfw,
    That is a great description of the most efficient use of the EGG that I've read. Great planning!