Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Traveling with an Egg

Rex
Rex Posts: 16
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I wondered if there were any clever Eggers out there that had figured out a safe way to make the Great Green Egg mobile.
I once put the entire table-n-all on a flatbed trailer to go car camping at DeSoto State Park in north Alabama. We ate as good as we would have at home; roast, ribs, fresh bread for breakfast.
Surely there's a market for a trialer that supports the wonderful but fragile Egg. I want mine with me on every camping trip.

Comments

• bigarms
    bigarms Posts: 136
    Rex,[p]What size Egg?

• Rex,[p]Yeah I just load it up in the back of a pick up truck table and all. The last two years I have had to disassemble it to get it loaded since it takes 2 to 4 men one small boy and 3 dogs to do the job properly. Last year it was just me.:0[p]Elder Ward
  • DrEgg
    DrEgg Posts: 38
    Rex,[p]There is a Ga Tech fan that brings his to every home game. Has it mounted on a trailer somehow. Maybe someone has seen him. Or maybe he is part of this forum![p]DrEgg

• Julie
    Julie Posts: 133
    Rex,
    A co-worker and myself load the BGE and table in the back of a pickup together. We take the table (egg first) to the back of the pickup (of course with the tailgate down), He gets in and lifts from that end and I lift from the back of the table (the lighter side). Neither of us are body builders, but on that note, neither of us are small either - both of us like eating off the BGE. We then strap it in and go. Taking the egg off with me on the ground with the lighter side and my co-worker in the pickup with the heavier egg side. Being alone - I suggest a pickup lift on the back of your truck.

• Elder Ward,
    Hell gettin' old, ain't it?[p]it's cholesterol, diet, exercise, arthritis, eyesight, selective hearing, medications, ......[p]Mike in MN