Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

An EGGless weekend ahead. :-(

Bama Fire
Bama Fire Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is the first weekend since return from the honeymoon that I won't be serving a delicious meal from the egg to guests. My bride's family is throwing a party for us and our closest 200 friends! It sounded like a job that was too big for my large egg and I too handle. The house will be filled with people pretty much the entire weekend. I'll be playing host instead of cook. I'll try to get out and just look at the green beauty for a few minutes, though.[p]Happy Egging everyone. I'm jealous.[p]Newly-wed,
Bama Fire

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Bama Fire,[p]It's probably jsut as well. If you made Q for all 200 of your closest friends you'd only wind up with 200 requests saying "could you make me some Q for....." and fill in the occasion. Look at it as saving yourself from having to Q for someone else instead of the family. Then again, 200 butts on the bge and you'd certainly be a pro at it. You know, pretty much any way you slice it, it sucks to not be able to eg this weekend. And the weather is supposed to be so nice too (hehehe).[p]Enjoy the family when you can, not too often that you're able to all get together like you are this weekend. Get joy out of the fact that everyone is able to share this occasion with you.[p]Troy
  • Bama Fire
    sprinter,
    I reckon you're one them that sees da glass half full?[p]Well, maybe i'll be able to throw some sausage on for a final four treat or maybe I can cook up some chicken breasts. I guess there may be hope out there still![p]Bama fire

• sprinter
    Bama Fire,[p]Guess it depends on whats in the glass. Not an eternal optimist but when it comes to family, whatever it takes to keep it together (within limits) or whenever the opportunity comes along to get together, I DO IT, just the way I was brought up I guess.[p]Troy[p]Thanks to the group for obliging this off topic rant of mine, I won't let it happen often, I promise. Just a topic I feel strongly about.
  • Bama Fire, Congratulations on the new adventure with your bride. Your yard buddy will wait. Check back a few days after the honeymoon is over :-) If its ever over!!!
    C~W

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Bama Fire,
    Well me too. Got to go see the in-laws. Big birthday party in the middle of my basketball watch'en. Not fair. Maybe I can sneek over to Mr. Beers house and sniff around his EGG. Otherwise tomorrow , tomorrow I'll EGG some tomorrow, thmorrow is all I got.(Sung to the tune of tomorrow)[p]MAC

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Bama Fire,
    I wuz wonderin' why you wuz so quiet! Now we alls knows!!! Congratulations "Sunshine"! Welcome to da real world!!! It will only get better! Ask C~W if mine or KOC's 32 yrs ain't enough senority! C~W's got way more than that!![p]Ya know ya could of fixed 'em all a big pot of my 3 1/2 alarm chili! That woulda really impressed 'em! :-))))[p]Dr. Chicken

• Bama Fire
    sprinter,
    I'm lucky that all of my family lives here in b'ham except mom, dad, and one aunt and uncle. All of my cousins and in-laws are all right here. I get to see them almost daily -- I call it in-law overload. [p]Have a great weekend! The weather here is fantastic! I wish I could head to the golf course this afternoon, but the weeds, I mean grass, are calling.[p]B~F

• Bama Fire
    Dr. Chicken,
    The only problem is, then I'd have to smell 'em for the weekend. No thanks! :-D[p]B~F

• sprinter
    Bama Fire,[p]Have a great one too, have a 4 bone rib roast on tap, I'll be thinkin of ya as I dig into that. hehehe[p]Troy
  • Bama Fire
    sprinter,
    I think I may have talk the wife into letting me smoke up some sausage as an appeteaser! Yippeeeeeeee.[p]BF