Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London Broil Follow Up !

Options
Ranger1
Ranger1 Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
To all who answered my call for help, thank you! We just finished up the London Broil Supper and it was "mighty fine," as my sweet little daughter put it. I cooked the baked potatoes first according to TimM's instruction and then let the vent loose on the BGE to send that temp. up to 600* for two sided searing. Capped the whole thing off, top and bottom, and in about 40 minutes we were ready to eat; almost... My wife showed up with two steaks for me to cook. So off came the BGE top and wide open went the vent to revive the sleeping dragon! Cooked those steaks almost the same way, but much shorter time. Char-Woody, the "Dale's Steak Sauce," marinade was outstanding. You gotta try it. I could not do the medium well thing though; came close, but had to go for well done! Meat stayed wonderfully juicy and the flavor was great. Can't wait to do it again! Thanks TimM and everyone. Have a great weekend and I'll be thinking about you all while I'm working this weekend! :) r1

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Ranger1,[p]Congratulations on the accolades from your daughter. You have passed the acid test with honors. Ain't this green thing fun?[p]Spin
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Ranger1, Your gonna give those campgrounds a arooooooma that its never had before. I bet during camper season you will attract a crown..Hey..try setting up your daughter a pulled pork sandwich stand...Make a mint!! :-)
    C~W[p]

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Ranger1,
    Don't give much credit to me, you said you did spuds like I do - but you will have to tell me how "I" do them in 40 min. My potaotes take 2+ hrs - how did you do them in 40 min and were they OK?[p]Glad the London Broil worked for you. I grill on my Egg 2x as much as low and slo and London Broil is a favorite here. Welcome aboard, what are you cooking tonight now?? [p]Tim

• Ranger1
    Options
    Tim M, Wooops. I cooked the spuds for 2.5 hours THEN ran the temp up to 600* for searing LB. I was so excited the thing worked out right, I probably was not clear! [p]As far as tonight goes: I have been placed on probation for a bit. Seems my family is a bite fatiged with all my EGGING of late. They love it, but they want to eat cruddy food for a while I guess! Anyway, I'm working today and not cooking:( How about you? r1

• Ranger1
    Options
    Char-Woody, My daughter thinks this "pork stand," is a great idea, but since I live on a park, the State of Ga. would fire me and I'd have to do the EGG thang for a livin. Now there's a thought! R1

• Ranger1
    Options
    Spin, Thanks for the note. This is fun! Have a great weekend; I'm off to play ranger. r1

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Ranger1, It's unconstituional for the State of Georgia to pick on kids and lemonaide stands..heeeee!! OK...maybe outside the park gates?? Shucks..you might even set up a outdoor BBQ sales business there!! Remember, Sam Walton started small too!!!
    Cheers...C~W
    Off for a few days...cya later!!

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Ranger1,
    Even a Big Mac looks good now and then.[p]Tim

• Elder Ward
    Options
    Ranger1,[p]Well if you followed CW method you can do no wrong.[p]Elder Ward